Entertaining and lounging on your patio are so much better when you have an outdoor refrigerator to keep your drinks nice and chilled. Since the conditions outside your house are different from indoors, getting a refrigerator specifically designed to work outdoors is important.
Fortunately, there are plenty of options when it comes to outdoor refrigerators. Our top 5 recommendations and easy buying guide will help you pick the best refrigerator for your patio.
5 Best-Selling Outdoor Refrigerator for Patio
Table of Contents
- 1. Bull Outdoor Products 13700 Series II Outdoor Refrigerator
- 2. EdgeStar CBR1501SLD Outdoor Refrigerator
- 3. Avallon AFR151SSODRH Outdoor Refrigerator
- 4. Danby DAR044A6DDB Compact Refrigerator
- 5. AGA Marvel MO24RAS1RS Outdoor Refrigerator
- Buying Guide
- Frequently Asked Questions
Reviews of 5 Top Rated Outdoor Refrigerator for Patio
- 304 stainless steel construction throughout to ensure durability and longevity
- full range temperature control from 32 to 50 degrees fahrenheit with digital readout
- outdoor rated for all seasons with etl, doe, and ce (energy saver) certifications
- front venting internal and external fans for both freestanding or built-in use
- cutout dimension: 24 1/4"w x 33"h x 23 5/8"d
Compact stainless-steel body, 4.9 cubic feet of storage space and outdoor rated for all seasons, this refrigerator from Bull Outdoors is the ideal patio refrigerator. It has been certified as energy-saving for efficient energy use. It can be installed either as free-standing or inbuilt depending on your patio.
- A reversible door that seals tight
- Rust and corrosion-resistant
- Adjustable shelves
- capacity: 142 standard 12 oz. cans; freestanding or built-in application
- powerful compressor-based cooling; temperature range: 38-50 degrees f
- includes glass shelves; factory installed lock; built-in carbon filter; auto defrost;
- reversible door; solid stainless steel door; digital temperature controls; this unit is for indoor use, for an outdoor version please see model cbr1501ssod
- please note: delivery will be curbside, inside delivery is not available. a valid phone number is required for delivery purposes, please ensure the correct phone number is provided in your shipping information when placing this order.
This outdoor refrigerator has a capacity of 5.49 and a durable stainless-steel body ideal for outdoor use. This EdgeStar CBR1501SLD has a cooling capacity of between 38-50º designed to meet all your outdoor cooling needs. It comes with an efficient system of interior fans to distribute cool air evenly for steady cooling performance.
- Auto defrost mechanism
- A reversible door that makes installation and access easy
- Efficient cooling system
This Avallon outdoor refrigerator is built to weather the elements and is a great choice for any patio. It has four casters that make it easy to move around to suit your needs and can be installed either as built-in or free standing. The three glass shelves and 3.3 Cu Ft of storage space will give you ample room for your supplies.
- Efficient and powerful cooling powered by a compressor-based system
- Easy cleaning with auto defrost and built-in flush mechanisms
- Touch control panel
- compact mini fridge: this danby contemporary classic counter high mini fridge is the ideal mini fridge for additional refrigerator space in the kitchen, basement, family room, dorm or office
- 4.4 cubic feet (124 liters) capacity: the all refrigerator unit is roomy with 4.4 cu. ft. of fridge space
- integrated door shelving: tall bottle storage is ideal for large pop, water, juice, or other drink bottles
- canstor beverage dispensing system: efficient and tidy can storage integrated into the mini refrigerator door
- clean bright and modern: black interior with led interior lighting, glass shelves, metallic door finish, rubber-grip chrome ergonomic door handle, scratch resistant chrome worktop all completement this retro mini fridge
If you are looking for an outdoor refrigerator that looks good on your patio and delivers a steady cooling performance, this Danby unit is a safe buy. It comes with 4.4 Cu Ft for ample storage room and a rubber grip chrome ergonomic door handle. The scratch-resistant worktop makes it easy to use this refrigerator in your outdoor space.
- Available in a variety of colors to suit your patio décor
- Sturdy iridium silver steel construction for a sleek and durable design
- Energy efficient
- dynamic cooling technology rapidly cools and delivers the industry’s most even temperature stability
- marvel prim controls for precise, frost-free temperature management between 34° and 42° f
- two fully-adjustable, cantilever freshflo stainless steel slide-out shelves
- corrosion-resistant stainless steel exterior, sturdy pro-style handle and rugged 4” adjustable flat toe grill. door lock provides added security
- audible alarms for door ajar and high/low temperature ensure your contents stay at optimal temperature
This outdoor refrigerator from Aga marvel is fully equipped for outdoor use on your patio. It comes with a durable corrosion-resistant body made of stainless steel. The frost-free temperatures control system ensures a steady cooling performance. It also has slide-out shelves for ease of use and convenience.
- Door alarm to alert you when the door is ajar
- Weather-resistant and durable exterior finish to cope with the elements
- Frost-free temperature control
Your outdoor refrigerator needs to function efficiently in various outdoor weather conditions so picking one is slightly different from buying one for indoor use. Here are some pointers to guide you on the best outdoor refrigerator for your patio.
1. Consider the Type of Venting
Outdoor refrigerators come with different types of venting for airflow including front-vented refrigerators and rear vented-refrigerators. For outdoor purposes, a front vented refrigerator is more practical. This is because you only need to allow sufficient airspace around the front of the fridge.
In contrast, rear vented outdoor refrigerators require airspace all around the sides, back, and top. This can be a challenge if you are working within a limited patio space. However, if you have ample room on your patio, then a rear vented refrigerator can also be ideal.
2. Check for Energy Efficiency Ratings
Outdoor refrigerators need to work harder to maintain a steady cooling temperature because of varying outdoor temperatures. An efficient cooling system that is energy efficient will reduce operating costs and make your refrigerator less costly to operate.
Go for outdoor refrigerators rated for all seasons with ETL, and CE (energy saver) certifications. These ratings certify that the particular refrigerator is suited for outdoor use.
3. Consider the Storage Space
Most outdoor refrigerators are compact in size. However, features like adjustable shelving allow you to play around with the storage space and make more room if needed.
You can also go for outdoor refrigerators with more cubic feet capacity if you need large storage space.
An outdoor refrigerator should ideally have internal LED lighting for ease of use outdoors at night. LED lighting is more energy-efficient and will also not raise the temperature in the cooling compartment.
5. Durability and Performance
Rust, unsteady cooling performance and high maintenance costs are just some of the issues you could face if you pick the wrong outdoor refrigerator. Choose a refrigerator made from weather-resistant and sturdy stainless steel material that will not rust outdoors. A scratch-proof exterior is also ideal since your refrigerator will stay sleek despite the outdoor conditions.
For a steady cooling performance look for outdoor refrigerators with a powerful cooling system that can handle the temperature fluctuations outdoors. Powerful compressor-based cooling systems are the best options for outdoor refrigerators since they deliver a steady cooling performance.
Frequently Asked Questions
To safeguard from rust, it is always prudent to install your outdoor fridge under a counter or in an area with some shading from the elements. You can also protect the exterior of the refrigerator by applying a coat of stainless-steel finish.
Yes, an epoxy spray paint formulated for appliances can be used to paint the exterior of your refrigerator. This will help to eliminate rust and any scratches or surface damage on your fridge.
No, in most cases an outdoor refrigerator that is weather-resistant will not need a refrigerator cover. A cover may cause moisture to accumulate on the surface of the fridge which will in turn lead to rusting.
A temperature of between 35-38 degrees is ideal. If the temperature is set too high the cooling performance is limited while if the temperature setting is too low, energy is wasted.
An outdoor refrigerator serves the same purpose as your indoor refrigerator but needs to be suited for conditions outdoors. The best outdoor refrigerators combine efficient performance, weather resistance and durability to make the ideal addition to your outdoor living space.
- How to Shrink Wrap Patio Furniture - August 28, 2020
- Best Outdoor Solar Powered Motion Sensor Flood Lights Reviews & Buying Guide - May 27, 2020
- Best Garden Solar Lights for Flower Beds : Reviews & Buying Guide - May 27, 2020