A sliding glass dog door makes the patio easily accessible for your dog. Having a well-insulated sliding glass dog door is crucial since it keeps the draft out of your house and the heat in. Picking the right sliding glass dog door for your patio can be difficult if you do not know what to look for. Here is a list of the best insulated sliding glass dog doors that are great picks for your patio.
5 Best-Selling Insulated Sliding Glass Dog Door for Patio
Table of Contents
- 1. PetSafe Freedom Aluminum Patio Panel Sliding Glass Pet Door
- 2. Endura Flap Vinyl Sliding Glass Dog Door for Patio
- 3. Ideal Pet Products VIP Vinyl Insulated Pet Patio Door
- 4. Ideal Pet Products 80″ Fast Fit Aluminum Pet Patio Door
- 5. Security Boss Giant Breed Patio Pet Door Large
- Buying Guide
- Frequently Asked Questions
Reviews of 5 Top Rated Insulated Sliding Glass Dog Door for Patio
1. PetSafe Freedom Aluminum Patio Panel Sliding Glass Pet Door
PetSafe 1Piece Sliding Glass ( Panel Insert, Great For Renters Or Seasonal Installation)
- perfect for apartments and rental homes: this rental-friendly door installs easily in 1 piece so you can easily take it with you if you and your best friend move
- 2 adjustable sizes: the patio panel is available in 2 adjustable heights to fit in your existing sliding door track; adjustable up to 80 11/16 in or 96 in
- designed for extra large pets: flap opening is 13 11/16 in w x 23 3/4 in h for pets up to 220 lb
- security lock: the latch kit allows you to lock your sliding glass door once the pet door is in place
- controlled access: use the closing panel to limit your cat or dog’s access when needed
This Pet Safe model is a great option if you are looking for an easy to install and hassle-free sliding glass dog door for your patio. With a tinted flap that comes with a magnetic closure for maximum insulation, you do not have to worry about drafts. It also comes in a variety of sizes and colors to match your needs.
- Made using shatter-proof tempered glass and sturdy aluminum for enhanced durability.
- Insulated to ensure heat stays in and drafts stay out.
- Easy installation that does not require cutting
2. Endura Flap Vinyl Sliding Glass Dog Door for Patio
Endura Flap Pet Door ( Cover | White, XL Flap, 77.25"-80.25" Slider Height)
- seamless install: the endura flap pet door for vinyl sliders is designed for 'u' shaped tracks of at least 1-1/2" width; engineered for optimal insulation and energy efficiency to provide freedom for your pet while preserving your energy bills; small flap measures 12" x 23" and is suitable for pets up to 34" tall
- maximum energy efficiency: enhance your home's energy efficiency with our insulated pet door, featuring loe glass to reduce uv rays and infrared light; the durable and flexible flap remains functional even in -40 degree temperatures, providing your pet with easy access to the outdoors
- easy installation: experience how simple it is to install and remove our pet door with the adjustable top and spring-loaded design, allowing for a fast, secure fit in your sliding glass door track; the white vinyl frame complements most interior designs and provides a stylish addition to your home
- four-season performance: protect your home from harsh weather with our weather-resistant pet door, capable of withstanding winds up to 50 mph; the insulated flap ensures your home stays comfortable during winter, spring, summer, and fall, keeping the elements at bay
- security & peace of mind: includes a secure locking cover, as strong as 1/16" sheet steel, providing added security and control when the pet door is not in use; the endura flap pet door is built to last, backed by a lifetime guarantee
This energy-efficient insulated sliding glass dog door is a convenient and easy to install option for your patio. It comes with a sturdy vinyl frame and its wind-resistant pet door flap ensures that you are protected from drafts and harsh weather. It is available in a variety of sizes to suit your needs.
- Comes with an adjustable top for quick and easy installation and removal
- Heavy-duty material for perfect insulation and durability
- Beautiful design that looks great on your sliding glass patio door
3. Ideal Pet Products VIP Vinyl Insulated Pet Patio Door
Ideal Pet VIP VINYL ( Patio Track Width ONLY, Extra Large, White)
- designed for vinyl sliding patio doors only and is not interchangeable.
- height adjusts from 76-3/4" to 78-1/2”. to ensure ordering correct height, measure flush at top track to the inside bottom track of your vinyl sliding patio door frame.
- white vinyl frame features energy efficient dual pane tempered “low-e” glass.
- extra large size 10-1/4” x 15-3/4" flexible 3-part double wall lexan flap pet door with animal lock-out slide.
- includes everything needed for installation.
This Ideal Pet Insulated Pet Patio Door is ideal for patios with vinyl sliding glass doors. It comes with a dual-pane tempered glass for maximum durability and enhanced insulation. The variety of sizes available makes it easy to find the perfect size of sliding glass dog door for your patio.
- The two-pane glass offers perfect insulation
- Sturdy and durable
- The air sealed door flap keeps drafts out
4. Ideal Pet Products 80″ Fast Fit Aluminum Pet Patio Door
Ideal Pet Products Deluxe ( X 20" Flap Size, White)
- durable, economical pet door with inner telescoping frame
- made from high-quality aluminum with a clear polyvinyl flap
- for dogs and cats up to 120 pounds
- installs easily and securely
- measures 15 x 20 inches
If you want a quick and easy install product that requires no cutting, this insulated sliding glass pet door for patios is a great choice. It is designed to fit sliding glass patio doors with aluminum frames. It comes with adjustable heights to suit different patio sliding glass doors and four different flap sizes to accommodate dogs of any size.
- Easy assembly and adjustable height to fit sliding glass doors perfectly
- Made of durable and sturdy safety glass
- The pet door flap has a magnetic seal that locks automatically
5. Security Boss Giant Breed Patio Pet Door Large
Security Boss Giant Breed ( Frame - Extra Large Dog Door For Extra Large Dog Breeds)
- giant opening: this extra large dog door has a 15” by 28” opening with customizable rise.
- universal fit: multiple sizes, a spring-loaded adjusting mechanism, and available extensions.
- secure + weather-tight: fits tight into your sliding door tracks, with superior weather stripping.
- easy installation: pop into your sliding door tracks, tighten two thumbscrews, and you’re done!
- unique flap design: uv treated flap with magnets and dense brushing creates a usable yet firm seal.
If you are having a hard time finding a large enough insulated sliding glass dog door for your patio, this product is designed with large dogs in mind. This patio door straddles the center rail keeping it perfectly centered to the frame of your sliding glass door. The sturdy construction and security features deliver a practical and ideal pet door for your patio.
- Well insulated and sturdy
- Robust doggie flap panel that is ideal for large dogs
- It comes with a bulb seal to create a weather seal between the insert and the sliding glass door.
Picking the right type of sliding dog door requires a lot of attention to detail to avoid ending up with a product that will not work well for your patio.
1. Size is Key
The sliding glass pet door is meant to allow your pet to get in and out of the house comfortably. That means your dog should not have to squeeze through a small flap. Picking the right size is, therefore, the most important thing to consider.
All sliding glass dog doors come with adjustable heights that can be customized to fit your needs. However, these adjustments have limits. Check the adjustment allowance of the product you are buying to make sure it will fit your needs.
Measure from the inside of the upper sliding door track to the inside of the lower track to get the required height for the dog door panel for your sliding glass door.
2. Consider the Material in your Sliding Glass Patio Doors
Sliding glass doors are typically built with aluminum or vinyl frames. Pick a sliding glass dog door made from the same material as your sliding glass door frame.
There are plenty of options in both aluminum and vinyl sliding glass dog doors so finding one that matches your patio door should be easy.
3. Go for a Sturdy and Well-constructed Door
Dogs are not the gentlest of creatures and constant roughhousing can damage your sliding glass dog door if it is not well built. Go for a sturdy door that is made with durable materials that can withstand constant use.
The door flap is usually the most susceptible to damage so make sure it is well constructed. Check the seals and magnets to ensure they work properly before you install the sliding glass dog door. The last thing you want is a damaged pet door flap that lets cold drafts into your home.
4. Look for a Well-insulated Sliding Glass Dog Door for your Patio.
Weather resistance is key and a well-insulated dog door ensures that you do not lose heat and that the cold stays outside. Go for sliding glass dog doors that are properly insulated and sealed. High-quality patio dog doors are designed to be functional even in cold winter months when you want to keep your house well heated.
A sliding glass dog door provides access to your house from the patio and can, therefore, be a security issue if it does not have safety mechanisms. Pick a sliding glass pet door that has built-in safety measures like sturdy locks that will guard against unwanted entry.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, a glass panel with an in-built dog door is typically used to create a sliding glass dog door for your patio. There are aluminum and vinyl sliding glass dog doors that you can choose from depending on the frame material of your sliding glass doors.
Aluminum is metallic while vinyl is plastic. When picking a sliding glass dog door for your patio make sure it is made of the same material, either vinyl or aluminum, as your sliding glass door.
Yes, there are various replacement flaps sold online or in your local pet store. Instead of installing a whole new doggy door you can simply use a replacement flap to replace a faulty flap on the sliding glass dog door for your patio.
Yes, most brands of sliding glass dog doors for patios do not require any cutting. They are easy to install and take down and will work even for rentals and holiday homes. Simply follow the assembly instructions that come with the sliding glass dog door that you purchase.
If your patio has sliding glass doors, you can still give your dog the freedom to move in and out with a well-insulated sliding glass dog door. If you pick the right one, you will get a practical solution that is ideal for your pet but also sturdy enough to prevent drafts from getting into the house.
- How to Shrink Wrap Patio Furniture - August 28, 2020
- Best Outdoor Solar Powered Motion Sensor Flood Lights Reviews & Buying Guide - May 27, 2020
- Best Garden Solar Lights for Flower Beds : Reviews & Buying Guide - May 27, 2020