Motorized retractable patio screens, awnings, and roller shades offer the luxury of convenience while making your patio more comfortable during summer. At the press of a button, the patio screen, awning, or roller shades roll out and can also retract out of sight when you don’t need them. These help to control the temperature on your patio with fresh air, and shade from the sun.
5 Best-Selling Motorized Retractable Patio Screens
Table of Contents
Transforming your outdoor living space, a motorized retractable patio screen adds a stylish feature to your home too. These can also be automated to control the temperature inside of your home by installing home automation technology. Sun and wind sensors automatically activate the patio screen, awning, or roller shades to roll down or to retract.
Reviews of 5 Top Rated Motorized Retractable Patio Screens
- rechargeable li-io battery -ul certified 12v rf motor - 15 channel remote can operate multiple shades independently and simutaneously
- super easy installation -screw right and left brackets and insert shade into the bracket.
- w x l and outer size shade fabric is 1 1/4" shorter than listed size for smooth system operation. inside mounting dot adjust anything just place an order for inside window frame side
- safety accomodations: all parts are fire retardant(nfpa-701), anti-fungus, lead-free, greenguard & ul certified
- springblinds** uses only top grade products made in usa. all parts are maintained and assembled in the usa. **springblinds** also provides any custom size available upon request. please send us message then we will guide you to cutomize your blinds!
Running off Li-ion battery technology, this Springblinds roller shade is able to be operated on multiple channels to independently open and retracted roller shades for a patio space to offer a higher level of control for your patio’s temperature and shade cover.
The fabric roller shade is fire-retardant, anti-fungus, and UV-protected. You can customize the size of the roller shade to meet your patio’s dimensions. Paired with a home automation system, this roller shade system is automation-ready.
- material: solar fabric, 5% openness. this window shade protect furniture from harmful ultraviolet rays, reduce heat while still providing maximum air flow. and you can still maintain the beautiful exterior view. valance is optional for better looking.
- smart motor: durable quality battery motor, rechargeable, each full charge can afford 4-6 months. pair to our solar panel, no worry about the charging anymore. a. smart battery motor works with alexa directly (echo plus 2gen, echo show 2gen, echo studio, echo show 10 3rd gen, echo 4th gen). b. standard battery motor needs a hub to connect alexa and google home. get a hub for free when order up to $499. add both the blind and hub (asin: b081kvq8lk) into the cart, enter code brvffk47 at checkout.
- customize-size: our motorized window shades are all made to order. you can see the “customize now”button on the top right. we'll email to each customer for customizing information double check-in 24 hours. any special inquiry, you can message us or email us: firstname.lastname@example.org to get help. we appreciate the customer ordering the sample swatch or one blind first to test.
- shipment & package: dispatched 4-5 workdays after size confirmed. shipped by fedex & ups in 5-7 workdays. all mounting kits and instructions are in the package. remote controls are all basic programmed before shipment(need to buy the button battery of the remote first). pdf version and video instruction are available if needed.
- after-service: yoolax offers end product a 2-year warranty on motors and controls. any damage or fails of motors or controls in the first 2 years, we provide repair or replacement free of charge. if receiving damage of fabric or components, please take photos, send claim to email@example.com within 30 days. we'll work with you for free replacement in this valid time.
Offered by the Yoolax brand. This motorized solar shade with remote control offers light filtering roller shades to control the amount of heat and light entering your patio and home. This model offers a 5-percent openness rating from its fabric to block out the harmful UV rays. It also reduces the heat on the patio while not affecting the ventilation of fresh air.
It features a smart motor with a durable battery with a 4-6 month operational battery charge. Its also smart home-ready with integration into Amazon’s Alexa and Google Home technology. The fabric is also fire-retardant.
- aleko's 16 x 10 ft. (4.9 x 3 m) half cassette motorized retractable patio awning is perfect for adding shade, rain protection, and curb appeal to your home or business. requires 120v ac connection for motor use
- the remote operated motor opens and closes the awning quickly, smoothly, and within one minute, a hand crank is also included for manual retraction or opening of awning without the need of electricity, for convenient use and access, a wall mounted port is included to store your remote control
- partially or fully retract your awning for a customized patio sun shade solution; up to 160 square feet of coverage, semi cassette frame has extra coverage in front which offers partial fabric protection when awning fabric is retracted; regular use of the cassette frame will keep your awning looking good for years to come
- actual frame dimensions: 16.4 x 10 feet, actual fabric dimensions: 16 x 9.5 feet, frame material: powder coated steel and aluminum, fabric material: durable, weather resistant polyester, frame color: dark gray, fabric color: black, one-year warranty
- comes with standard vertical wall brackets but can also be mounted under the roof overhang or to the bottom of a horizontal surface using an additional ceiling bracket
Aleko’s motorized retractable patio awning offers shade cover, water-proofing, and easy-to-use functionality for the family. The remote control operates the awning’s action: it can open or retract within 60 seconds. It features a Semi-Cassette frame that offers extra coverage when the awning is opened.
The motor requires a 120V AC connection. The polyester fabric is water-resistant and is treated with a UV-resistant coating. Its frame is constructed of aluminum for rust-free durability.
- retractable motorized home patio canopy awning 16 x 10 feet grey metal synthetic fiber
- material info: metal, synthetic fiber. assembly : assembly required
Finished in a neutral grey tone, this motorized retractable patio awning features an aluminum frame. All hardware is easy to install, with a motor that requires the installation of a 120V AC connection for operation.
You are able to fully retract the canopy awning at the press of a button and open the canopy once more in various degrees for the perfect control of your shade cover. The fabric is water-repellent and UV-protected.
- color and size size: 14' x 10'. color: black. white frame. advaning awnings are 100% fully pre-assembled and ready for installation.
- easy pitch system the 3-loop system includes two easy pitch loops and one crank loop. using the two easy pitch loops, the awning's pitch can be adjusted to block the sun at different times of the day. using the crank loop, the awning can be manually opened and closed.
- premium fabric - made in spain recasens branded european 100% solution dyed acrylic canvases feature exceptional uv protection, mold/mildew proof, and their high breathable weave releases trapped heat for a cooler more comfortable shade, an advantage over lesser quality polyester or vinyl materials.
- durable design built with a durable 40x40mm steel frame and a 70mm diameter aluminum roller tube for a stronger and safer structure. the stainless steel hardware has excellent corrosion resistance and strength.
- warranty 5-year, manufacture warranty by advaning awnings and lifetime tech support by us based email, web chat, or phone by advaning's professional service team.
Offers by Advancing Store, this luxury patio awning is pre-assembled and ready for installation upon its delivery. It operates via remote control and the awning’s canopy can be adjusted to your preferred amount of shade cover at different times of the day.
The fabric is a 100-percent solution-dyed acrylic canvas that is UV-protected and mold-proof yet is breathable to allow for easier heat dissipation through its canopy to reduce the heat on your patio. The frame of this patio awning is constructed of aluminum and stainless steel for strength, durability, and is rust-free.
These provide shade over patios to make those outdoor living areas more comfortable. The quality of the material of the awning is essential: selecting the right material will make all the difference to your home.
The most common materials used for awnings are acrylics and vinyl fabrics. These are easy to maintain, weather-proof, and are UV-resistant. Available in a variety of colors and patterns, awnings can be matched Thto suit any home’s exterior style and look.
2. Patio Screens
Patio screens enable the homeowner to enclose their patio and controlling their outdoor living space’s temperature to a greater level. Motorized retractable patio screens are available in different screen types and with solar- and insect-specific screens to make your patio even more comfortable by blocking out the sun’s glare and heat and keeping the bugs away from your patio when you’re using it. They also increase your patio’s levels of privacy.
3. Roller Shades
Roller shades are another popular option. These reduce the sun’s glare onto your patio while also enabling you to control the temperature in your home and on your patio. The motorized convenience allows you to set the amount of shade and light you want to enter your patio and home.
The most common type of material employed in the construction of the roller shades is colored or clear PVC (you can select this to determine the amount of light and shade you’d like on your patio), although you will also find a large percentage of homeowners using canvas. A mesh solution is gaining in popularity as it offers a degree of air ventilation yet retains the UV protective qualities and shade cover as canvas and PVC.
4. Home Automation
It is possible – and rather easy – to integrate your motorized retractable patio screens, awnings, and roller shades into your home’s automation system. You can add it to your Google Home features and also with Amazon’s Alexa technology to remote control your home’s temperature, lighting, and privacy.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. These allow you to enclose your patio and to thereby increase the useable living space of your home’s indoor and outdoor areas. Being able to control your home’s indoor temperature, lighting and privacy at the touch of a button are convenient, comfortable, and a great investment in your home to improve its resale value.
The frame of the awning can last for more than 20 years and the fabric of the awning can be replaced every 10-15 years.
Yes. Their materials are coated with water-repellent layers to withstand rain. What is more important is to decide on an awning that’s design doesn’t have level surfaces that would allow for water to collect.
Yes. There are limits to every motor’s operation. The wider the shade, the more powerful the motor needs to be. The easiest solution is to add more motors to the system to cope with the added shade material.
Yes, you can replace the screen. It is a rather straightforward process of removing the rolled-up screen from the valance and replacing it with a new roll of screen material.
Motorized retractable patio screens, awnings, and roller shades not only add more style to your home but conveniently assists you in controlling the temperature on your patio and inside your home. While it might seem a luxury to fit a motorized system, it will repay with comfort, convenience, and if you add it to your home automation setup it will make your life far easier and your home’s indoor and outdoor living spaces more comfortable.
- The Best Blackout Patio Door Curtains: Reduce your Energy Bills and Increase your Privacy - November 25, 2020
- The Best Lube for Sliding Patio Doors: Keep them Friction-Free and Squeak-Free - November 25, 2020
- The Best Blinds for Sliding Glass Patio Doors: Control the Light While Maintaining your Privacy - November 20, 2020