Whether you are redecorating your patio or you are doing a complete overhaul, door treatments are one of the most important things to add style, functionality, and privacy to your space.
5 Best-Selling Curtain Rod for Patio Door
Table of Contents
- 1. AmazonBasics Room Darkening Curtain Rod – 28″ to 48″, Nickel
- 2. Umbra Twilight Double Curtain Rod Set – Wrap Around Design is Ideal for Blackout or Room
- 3. MERIVILLE 1 End Cap Single Door Treatment Curtain Rod
- 4. Kenney Adler 5/8″ Indoor/Outdoor Rust-Resistant Wrap Around Curtain Rod
- 5. Turquoize Multi-Use Adjustable Cafe Sidelight Magnetic Rods
- Buying Guide
- Frequently Asked Questions
While choosing the best curtains depends on personal taste and function, it’s easy to forget that selecting curtains rods is equally important. Chosen purely for their functionality, the right curtain rods should accommodate the weight of the fabric and the number of layers at each door.
Before looking for the best rods, measure the size of your door and the place you want to cover so you can end up with curtains that meet your needs. Read on to learn about some of the best.
Reviews of 5 Top Rated Curtain Rod for Patio Door
- adjustable-length curtain rod in nickel extends from 28 to 48 inches end-to-end excluding finials, 33 to 53 inches including wraparound ends
- 5/8-inch rod diameter capable of handling moderately heavy fabrics; can hold up to 20 pounds
- curtain rod curves at both ends, wrapping curtains around the window from end-to-end, blocking out light while insulating the room
- available in black, bronze, and nickel finishes
- comes with mounting hardware, including screws, anchors, and installation instructions
Coming with an adjustable length, AmazonBasics Room Darkening Curtain Rod is one of the best curtain rods for your patio. It has a 5/8 inch curtain diameter that’s capable of holding up to 20 pounds and handling heavy fabrics.
With the rod curving at both ends, it will be able to wrap the curtains around the door from end to end and insulate the room while blocking away the light.
Available in a variety of colors, you can always choose the right one for you. As compared to other rods, it has all the mounting hardware including anchors, screws, and installation instructions.
If you want to create a custom set up on your patio, these are the right rods for you. The best part is that they’ll complement your patio, curtains, and doors.
- room darkening solution: by creating a window curtain rod that curves at both ends, curtains sit flush against the wall with twilight and wrap around the window from end-to-end, blocking out light while insulating the room
- easy to set up: your twilight double curtain rod comes with everything you need to get set up quickly and doesn’t require a curtain rod bracket; includes steel curtain rod, metal screws, plastic screw anchors, and easy to follow assembly instructions
- fits mutliple window sizes: telescoping double rod has a 3/4-inch diameter front rod and 5/8-inch diameter back rod, and is available in 3 sizes to accommodate most windows
- save on energy costs, reduce noise: when combined with a blackout curtain or light blocking curtains twilight will help insulate your room, blocking winter’s cold drafts, as well as outdoor noise
- original design & total satisfaction: our team of international designers brings thought, creativity and original design to everyday items. umbra products are made to last using high quality materials. don’t be fooled by copy-cat products. choose umbra and get the original. if you’re not completely satisfied for any reason, contact us within 30 days and we will fix it or issue a full refund.
Umbra Twilight Double Curtain Rod Set is a unique curtain rod meant to provide you with a room-darkening solution.
Featuring a wrap and twilight around the windows, you can fit it from end to end to block out the light and insulate the room.
Simple and easy to set up, this rod comes with everything you need including the rods, plastic screw anchors, metal screws, and easy to follow instructions. As compared to others, it can fit multiple patio doors.
If you want to reduce noise and save on energy costs these are the right rods for you. If you combine it with a blackout curtain you’ll insulate your room and block winter’s cold drafts as well.
- sturdy and durable: 1” diameter adjustable curtain rods and 1.25” diameter finials are made of metal so you know they will last.
- complete window rod set: includes rods, finials, brackets and mounting hardware.
- extendable: designed to fit a range of window sizes. come in three sizes: 28" - 48", 48" - 84" and 84" - 120". two adjustable brackets included in 28"-48" rod set; three adjustable brackets included in 48"-84" and 84"-120" rod sets. projection from wall adjusts from 4" to 5.5”.
- more finish choices: available in 4 finishes: black; oil-rubbed bronze; satin nickel and gold.
- 100% money-back guarantee - meriville drapery rods are backed by 100% guarantee that you are fully satisfied with your product or receive your money back.
Strong and durable, MERIVILLE 1 Window Treatment Curtain Rod is an adjustable curtain rod made of strong metal that you know will last. Coming as a complete set it has everything you need to set it up. This includes finials, rods, bracket,s and mountain hardware.
Designed to fit a variety of doors and windows, it comes in different sizes so you can choose the right one for your door. It’s also available in different finishes including black, gold, satin nickel, and oil rubbed bronze.
Plus, it has a 100% money-back guarantee to ensure that you are fully satisfied with the product. In case of anything, you’ll receive your money back. With this curtain rod, you’ll get value for your money.
- the 5/8" adler indoor/outdoor rust-resistant wrap around curtain rod can be wall or ceiling mounted indoors or out
- 5/8" diameter curtain rod adjusts from 28-48" and projects 3.5”
- for use with light to medium weight curtains in larger rooms or outside your home
- steel industrial designed wrap around curtain rod in brushed nickel textured finish with matching hardware
- includes: one telescoping curtain rod, screws, drywall anchors, and installation instructions
Featuring a 5/8 inch diameter, Kenney is an indoor/outdoor rust-resistant wrap around curtain rod that can be wall or ceiling mounted. For use with medium to lightweight curtains, you can comfortably fit on your patio regardless of the size.
Made of industrial steel, this rod is not only strong but durable as well. It also has a brushed nickel textured finish to ensure it matches your curtains and patio.
Simple and easy to set up it comes with screws, drywall anchors, and installation instructions you need. Available in different sizes you can always adjust it fit your patio doors. You can also download Kenney mounting template for mounting instructions.
- adjustable magnetic curtain rods. 2 size available: 09-16” and 16-28”
- versatile use: suitable for installation on doors, window casings, file cabinets, and appliances such as refrigerators, dishwashers, washers, and dryers
- dimension: 5/8"diameter lightweight aluminum construction rod with plastic finish-color range: black, nickel, pewter, brown
- easy install , attaches in seconds to any steel surface .no screws or adhesives needed, no tools, will not leave holes or marks on steel doors
- warm tips: wipe with dry cloth only can be used to hang lightweight curtains or linens such as window valences and hand towels
Turquoize Magnetic Multi-Use Adjustable are adjustable curtain rods that come in 2 different sizes. Versatile in nature, you can comfortably use them on doors, cabinets, window casings, and all your appliances.
Measuring 5/8 inches in diameter, these curtains feature lightweight aluminum construction with a plastic finish color range of black, pewter, nickel, and brown.
Easy to set up and install you can attach them to your patio doors within seconds. As a matter of fact, you don’t need any screws and adhesives. To clean and maintain them, wipe with a clean dry cloth.
Designed to inspire creativity, these curtains will prevent any sidelight and offer enhanced privacy. If you are new to curtains you’ll be pleasantly surprised.
1. Measure the Size of Your Patio Door
This is one of the most important steps when looking for the right curtain rods. Knowing the size of your door will help you choose the right road. As compared to curtains that come in readymade lengths there isn’t a clear cut size for curtain rods
2. Choose a Color That Relates To Other Metals in Your Patio
If you want your patio to coordinate well go for brushed stainless steel rods. Since they relate to all varying gold tones, they are a great choice for your patio.
3. Go For the Right Material
From wood to metals, there are several materials that you can choose from. While metals are strong and sturdy, wood must occasionally be turned so it doesn’t bow. However, if you want to create a cool design wood is perfect.
4. Keep Special Rooms in Mind
Since different curtains work better in different rooms you must have your patio in mind while looking for the right curtain. For instance, you can’t use curtains meant for the living room for your patio. By doing this, you’ll not create the effect you are looking for. You should also choose one with adjustable features.
5. Choose one That Suits Your Style
Your patio is full of beautiful touches that all add up to your own curated style. Believe it or not, your patio curtain rods can add up to your patio’s unique look. Decorative rods come in all sizes and shapes hence you can always choose the right one. You can even buy curtain rods with curved flowers for a whimsical vibe.
Frequently Asked Questions
Since you need 4 inches on both sides, look for an 8-inch long rod.
While different curtains have different prices, the average price of curtain rod is between $50 to $500 including hardware, curtain costs, and installation.
While all this depends on your taste and preference, the right curtain rod should have a sleek modern look. It should also be adjusted to fit different patio door sizes. The most important thing to consider is the length of the rod. You need one that’s long enough to fit your door.
Neutral or white. If your room is mostly white with little contrast a white curtain rod will blend well. On the contrary, you should choose a color that matches the rest of your décor.
While curtain rods are very important most people pay very little attention to them. What they don’t know is that choosing one can either boost or destroy their patio look. Thankfully, with several options in the market, you can get the right one. Just make sure you consider your taste. You should also go for the right length.
- 10 Best Recycled Plastic Patio Furniture:Protect The Environment While Enjoying The Outdoors - April 14, 2021
- The Best Deep Seat Patio Cushions: Enjoy a Cool, Refreshing Air While Sitting on Comfortable Patio Furniture - December 18, 2020
- The Best Curtain Rod for Patio Door: Functional and Beautiful Rods to Treat Your Patio Curtains - December 18, 2020