Blinds for sliding glass patio doors are far more than mere entry and exit ways to and from your patio. These extend your home’s interior living space onto the patio and allows large amounts of natural light and fresh air into your house. What’s more, they offer fantastic backdrops that bring the outside, inside.
5 Best-Selling Blinds for Sliding Glass Patio Doors
Table of Contents
- 1. Embossed Grey Vinyl Vertical Blinds
- 2. Adjustable Vertical Woven Fabric Panel Blinds
- 3. Cordless Honeycomb Fabric Vertical Blinds
- 4. Polyester Vertical Blinds with UV Protection
- 5. Faux Wood Vertical Blinds
- Buying Guide
- Frequently Asked Questions:
Finding the best blinds for sliding glass patio doors isn’t as difficult and daunting as you may imagine it to be. Here is our list of the best, a handy buying guide to provide you with more information on what to look for when buying, and we also answer your frequently asked questions to enable you to make better-informed decisions.
Reviews of 5 Top Rated Blinds for Sliding Glass Patio Doors
- these textured vinyl blinds are great for for windows or sliding glass doors. a rotating wand is used to open and close them. give your doors a modern look that's sleek and clean.
- easy to install; hardware included. wipe clean
- about the brand: making homes beautiful. since 1998, brylanehome has been dedicated to offering colorful comfort, classic design with a twist and outstanding value—so you can furnish your home with unique personal style. from easy updates to classic pieces to invest in, we provide solutions for every room. we strive to help you create a home you love to live in, at a price you can live with. brylanehome—be colorful. be comfortable. be home.
BrylaneHome are ideal for glass sliding patio doors thanks to their durable, textured vinyl material. The guided tracking system needs to be fitted to the outside of the door frame for this particular model, and this installation is quick and easy to complete. The vanes are 3.5 inches wide and grey for a neutral tone to blend in with your home’s décor. During the checkout process, you can notify the seller of the dimensions to fit your sliding glass patio door. It is adjustable via a wand and cord. This grey color is easy to keep clean and it also has a light filtering characteristic to keep your home sliding door glare-free.
- the 4-rail track is adjustable anywhere from 45.8" to 86" wide. 4 panels included and the dimension of each panel is 23" wide and 96" tall. simply trim the panel height to what you need and install the bottom rails for a custom-look finish.
- this natural woven fabric brings the sliding panel to the next level. this sliding panel is durable and ideal for wide range of window coverings and a room divider. best for: french door, patio door, balcony door, closet door, sliding glass door, large picture window, room divider, and large windows.
- nature-inspired design: woven look and texture fabric made that allows light to gently filter through and provides privacy. it's easy to clean by using duster or vacuum to whisk away dirt.
- effortless installation and use: this panel track can be mounted to the wall or ceiling. and there are 2 control stack options, you can easily slide with a solid metal wand all the way to the right or left.
- inside mount: minimum 2.5-inch depth needed; outside mount: minimum 2.25-inches of bracket height required on the top.
The GoDear Design features are natural woven fabric made of a blend of 66-percent paper and 34-percent polyester. It sports 4 panels that are each 23 inches wide to suit large sliding glass patio doors. These can be mounted inside the door frame. By using a metal wand, you’re able to move the blinds to the left or right. With a semi-sheer material, you can easily filter the amount of light entering your home while also enhancing your privacy.
- customize sizes: = width (12''- 118''),height:(12''- 118'')
- how-to-order: website price included 1 pcs of finished blinds with full component assembled at size=(39" w x 39"l,or any size less 1square meter) if not on you required ,please tell you window details before place order 1.product name(or product link) * quantity * wide * high * color? 2.installation ? 12.shipping ( address,zip code,phone),then,we will quote best price and tell you how to pay online in easily way.
- specification= 1).. high-quality fabric with sgs certification,1.5''/1.8(=38mm/45mm) cell,light filter /blackout fabrics. 2).effectively regulate the brightness of your room by adjusting the chain mechanism. 3).manual ,cordless move side rail bring fabric open or closed .left or right rails hold fabric. one side rail fix on the side wall,move another rail hold fabric open /closed 4).perfect for living room, dining room, office, meeting room, cafe, hotel, study room, library etc. 5).care instr
- shipping= 1)we need about 1-7 days to produce before delivery.2)usually you can received it within 2-3 weeks after payment.delivery time 1-2weeks delivery to north america and not remote address.12)any more question please contact us anytime or send me a message. thanks!
- order confirmation and shipping: we will send order confirmation to all customer to double confirm the order details, please check your email and let us know if you need to change the size in 24 hours. we do not deliver to po box addresses,courier companies do not deliver to po boxes and the shades are too long for post. please provide your delivery address. couriers deliver 9am-14pm weekdays and ask to sign proof of delivery, so it could be your work address too.
With these blinds from Karlleo-Curtain, you can choose whether you’d like a semi- or full-blackout light filter fabric for your sliding glass doors. The sizes can be customized to fit any door frame and sliding door size. This vertical blind doesn’t feature any vanes but is instead one piece of material that is designed to fold into itself in a honeycomb pattern and style. These are easy to maintain and they offer the best blend between curtains and vertical panel blinds for a contemporary look in your home.
- product: crafted from high-tech blends of materials, reduction of sun glare and uv protection. the solar vertical shade has a transparency that permits outdoor view during daylight hours allows the same view of interiors at night when lights are on, so solar blinds function best in living spaces where night-time privacy is not a priority.
- installation:good for both inside or outside of window or doorframe. equally appropriate for commercial and residential interiors, the solar vertical shade has a sleek, minimalist profile best fits modern interiors and open, airy spaces.
- measurement: very important our product is made to order, please read carefully before order how to get the perfect size for your window on the below product description area or the 6th picture on the left. if you can not find the size on our list we can custom it 32" to 100" wide, 20" to 120" tall. and if your window more than 100" wide, you can order quantity 2 to cover your large window. please make sure read carefully how to measure. contact us if you have any question.
- open options: we provide two openning options, single openning and oppsite openning. when we get your order, we will make it single openning, you can decide to open it to left or right after you get the product depends on mounting direction. if you want oppsite openning you need to contact customer service, and our service is free.
Contemporary yet traditional, these are made from a blend of polyester fabrics to offer UV protection and light-filtering. With a semi-sheer filter, they allow a certain amount of natural light into your home to create a spacious ambiance. These blinds can be mounted inside the door frame and their movement is operated via an integrated cord. They can stack to the left or right.
- measuring: please refer to our easy “how to measure” guide for inside or outside mounting. please only use our how to measure guide as it coordinates on how your blind is manufactured. (outside mount=exact size & inside mount=factory deduction)
- caution- the most common error when ordering blinds is reversing the width (left to right) and length (top to bottom) after you complete your purchase you will receive an email from our customer service department confirming your order, which will include the color and the measurements. please be sure to review this message to make sure that all the information is correct, if not contact us immediately and we will be pleased to make any necessary adjustments.
- free: color/texture samples available upon request, to ensure you love what you buy!
- each blind is custom made to your specification’s - easy installation with clear easy to follow instructions and hardware are included with every blind order.
- spotblinds offers live customer service 5 days per week call us! (702) 852-1616
If you’re looking to add more style to your home, a great way is to install these faux wood vertical blinds. These are PVC materials with a faux wood finish, so they are low-maintenance while also being durable. Each vane is 3.5 inches wide and their movement is controlled by a wand (while you can request a cord). These are available in left stack, right stack, center stack, or split stack designs.
There are several types of window treatments for sliding glass patio doors, but the most popular and quintessential choice remains the humble vertical blind variety.
Firstly, you will need to decide whether you want your sliding glass patio doors’ blinds to fit within the door frame or be mounted above it. Most commonly, vertical blinds are installed inside the door frame to make for a neater look. To measure the door frame for vertical blinds, measure across the length of the door frame from the inside, then measure the depth of the recess of the door frame, and then lastly measure the vertical height of the door recess from the top to the floor for the drop of the blinds. The minimum recommended depth of the recess should be 2.5 inches for the blinds to operate without protruding or being obstructed by your door’s handle.
The material of the actual blinds, the vanes, will be your biggest decision to make when considering the type of blinds to buy for your sliding glass patio doors. It is these vanes that determine not only the look and feel of your home’s interior but the vane’s material will also offer varying degrees of light into your home as well as levels of privacy. Vanes come in faux wood grains, faux wood-tones, and aluminum slats, but the most common material type is fabric as it offers the most traditional yet contemporary look while blending in with the rest of your home’s other window treatments and decor. Bearing in mind the amount of traffic that will pass through your sliding glass patio doors and the amount of sunlight on your patio area, make sure your blinds are durable to daily use and are coated with UV-resistant layers to protect it from the harsh effects of the sun’s rays.
3. Stack Placement
Seeing as sliding glass patio doors open vertically (either left or right), you should pick vertical blinds that open in the same direction. When the blinds are drawn to the side (left or right), that is called stack placement. Some blinds even have a parting middle operation with the blinds having stack placements on opposite ends of the door frame. Choosing the right stack placement for your sliding glass patio is essential to hassle- and fuss-free use.
4. Guided Tracking System
Holding the vanes in place, and allowing them to be moved, is the guided tracking system. This tracking system is usually hidden by a valance and blinds’ movement is controlled by either wireless remote, wands, or cords. The guided tracking system can be mounted inside or outside of your door frame, depending on the depth of your door’s frame and the blind’s tracking system’s requirements. Measure space within your door frame to calculate how much space you have for the tracking system – also factor in the operation of the blinds’ vanes in your calculations.
5. Vane Width
The vane or slat of the blind, can vary on your requirements. Choose your blind’s vane width based on the door’s size: the bigger the sliding glass patio doors, the wider the width of the vanes. The vanes’ widths range from 3.5-inches (the most common size) to more than 100-inches.
Frequently Asked Questions:
No. They’re easy to install. By fitting the tracking system first, you’ll be able to hand your blinds with ease.
Even the most affordable vertical blinds will last for more than 5 years. Regular cleaning and ensuring that the tracking system runs smoothly, your blinds will stay looking and working smoothly for many years.
Your blinds can be any color, but the best and most common color is shades of white. The white-colored blinds will better blend into your home’s décor and style, while also offering some natural light into your home.
The best fabric for your blinds is polyester. These are durable, fade-resistant, and easy to clean.
Yes. You can easily change a slat by simply unclipping the broken or damaged one out of the tracking system and replace it with a new one.
The best blinds for sliding glass patio doors not only allow you to open and close them to allow more (or less) sunlight into your home, offer you further privacy when needed, but when they’re drawn open they extend your home onto your patio. Easy to operate and maintain – and with our buying guide and answers, you’ll be able to make the best choices to complement your home’s style.
- The Best Blackout Patio Door Curtains: Reduce your Energy Bills and Increase your Privacy - November 25, 2020
- The Best Lube for Sliding Patio Doors: Keep them Friction-Free and Squeak-Free - November 25, 2020
- The Best Blinds for Sliding Glass Patio Doors: Control the Light While Maintaining your Privacy - November 20, 2020