If you’re looking to purchase new curtains for your home and window treatments for your patio door areas, you should consider blackout patio door curtains. With clever fabric weaves, as many different textures, colors, patterns, and designs as conventional curtains, these offer more benefits.
5 Best-Selling Blackout Patio Door Curtains
Table of Contents
- 1. Wide Blackout Polyester Patio Door Curtains
- 2. Extra Wide Blackout Microfiber Polyester Patio Door Curtains with Thermal Insulation
- 3. Classic Blackout Patio Door Curtain with Pull Wand
- 4. Heavy-Duty Weighted Blackout Patio Door Curtains
- 5. Elegant Soft-Touch Blackout Patio Door Curtains
- Buying Guide
- Frequently Asked Questions
Blackout patio door curtains also help to reduce the sun’s glare shining through your glass windows and glass sliding patio doors. They’re practical and stylish: choose the right color and shade to match your room’s style and you won’t regret it.
Read our buying guide to find out just why blackout patio curtains will help you to save money on your energy bills, which are the best blackout curtains for any patio doors, and we answer your questions about this noise- and light-filtering curtains.
Reviews of 5 Top Rated Blackout Patio Door Curtains
- amazing fabric: the blackout curtain's fabric is super soft and heavy innovative triple-weave polyester fabric. same material back as of front makes it appear more elegant. the 14 sliver grommets top (inner diameter is 1.6-inch) adds a modern touch and easy hanging.
- multiple functional: these extra wide curtains are wide enough to covering sliding door perfectly. besides, the curtain panel helps your patio door to block out most of light and uv ray, high performance on thermal insulated, noise reducing and privacy protecting.
- energy smart: triple weave blackout fabric balances room temperature by insulating against summer heat and winter chill, reducing air conditioning costs. protect your furniture, floors and artwork from the ravages of the sun, the patio door drapes will pay for themselves off over time.
- wise compatible: thread trimmed and wrinkle free, all sets for you to put them up right away. suitable perfectly for: sliding door, patio door and any large window. these wide curtains can be hung separately, or combine with nicetown sheer curtains.
- easy care: good quality finishing will withstand years of use. machine washable and wash the water temperature below 86f. mild detergent no bleaching. low temperature ironing. don’t use sharp things scratching curtains.
Offered by NICETOWN, these blackout patio door curtains are made with an innovative triple-weave polyester fabric that is thread-trimmed and wrinkle-free. The front and rear of the curtains feature the same material for a more elegant look. The curtains are can be attached to a rail with 14 silver metal grommets for easy hanging. With their fabric’s technology, they block out most of the UV rays and light, are thermal-insulated, noise-reducing, and privacy-protecting. They are machine-washable: easy maintenance and cleaning.
- large size: sold per single panel, measures: 100 inch width by 84 inch length (7ft tall by 8.5ft wide), each panel has 16 strong metal grommets (rim of grommet is 2.4", while inner is 1.6") can be hung from a basic or decorative curtain rod
- total privacy and blackout: these magic thermal insulated grommet curtain panel can blocks out 99% sun light and prevent 100% uv ray, authoritative lab test show that the curtains are vinyl and pvc free, eco friendly, safe environment to the room, enjoy with these breathable and airy room divider curtain
- multiple functions: made in oeko-tex standard 100 factory, the triple woven textured thick microfiber fabric is soft and durable, crafted, decent and luxury, high performance on thermal insulated, room darkening, noise reducing, energy efficiency and total privacy protection
- great choices: excellent to be used for big patio door, glass french door, yard, also very suitable for fix a problem space, smart and cost-effective way of re-inventing the space of your home, can share bedroom, apartment, dorm, city loft, workspace, basement, etc. come with strong metal grommets top, easy installation and smooth sliding over a rod
- best service: 8 year quality warranty and 30 days return policy with money back guarantee, 100% satisfied customer feedback, machine washable in cold water, use only non-chlorine bleach when needed, tumble dry low and warm iron as needed
The H.VERSAILTEX Store offers this triple-woven textured microfiber polyester blackout patio curtain with a width of 100 inches. Each panel features 16 metal grommets from which you can hang this curtain. The material used is thermal-insulated, can block out 99 percent of the sun’s light and is 100 percent UV-resistant to keep your furniture from fading and to control the temperature in your home. What’s more, this polyester blend is PVC- and vinyl-free, is eco-friendly, and is as easy to clean as popping them into the washing machine.
- detachable pull wand ideal for sliding glass doors and large windows
- blackout technology blocks out most unwanted light while enhancing privacy
- energy efficient design reduces energy lost through your windows by up to 40%
- thermal properties help keep summer heat and winter chill out of your home
- noise reduces outside noise by up to 30%. they will help you get a sounder, better, more uninterrupted sleep.
Sun Zero’s energy-efficient blackout patio door curtains reduce the energy lost through windows and glass patio doors by to 40 percent to keep your home warm and reduce the cold in winter. These blackout curtains also reduce outside noise by 30 percent. Using the pull wand, you’re able to move the curtains along its rails. These will block out most light to make them ideal for your patio doors.
- package includes: 1 greyish white patio sliding door curtain panel of 100 inches wide x 84 inches tall. each panel has 3.15" rod pocket & back tab loops top, which can be hung in different style: slot top, back loops or with your own clip-rings. (the panels are the same color on both sides)
- heavy weighted blackout fabric: these extra wide curtains are crafted from high quality heavy duty 100% durable triple weaved polyester fabric. our room partitioning curtains can block 90% - 99% of uv sunlight without liner and thermally insulate against extreme heat and cold.
- total privacy & noise reducing curtain: our heavyweight privacy thermal curtains help reduce noise and provide total privacy protection from unwanted views and viewers at any time of the day. as a general rule, for proper fullness panels should measure 2-3 times the width of your window/opening.
- space partitioning solution: featuring an extra wide width, these curtains are designed for room partition and management. they can be used in patio sliding doors, large windows, shared bedroom, apartment, storage, studio, dorms, loft, office workspace, high ceilings, factories, hospitals, cafes, and hotels.
- easy care fabric: our room darkening divider curtains are machine washable in cold water, gentle cycle, no bleaching, iron at low temperature if required, no color fading guaranteed. (curtains rod not included)
Blocking out up to 99 percent of sunlight, these DWCN heavy-duty polyester blackout patio door curtains are also fashionable in their colors and fabric. Triple-woven polyester and polyester blend fabrics, these are 100 inches wide and can be hung in different styles: slot top, back loops or with clip rings. With their blackout, they provide total privacy, are thermal-insulated, and help to reduce outside noise.
- sold as single panel: you will find 1 curtain drape (100 inch wide by 84 inch long) + 1 matching tie back in your package.
- triple weave fabric: block out 80%-90% of sunlight and 99% uv rays. no chemical coating, no pungent smell. soundproof and energy efficient. privacy protected.
- cotton texture: well made of high quality cotton/polyester blended fabric, subtle texture appearance and silky touch backing, concise and stylish surface accents your window in a modern way.
- metal grommets: 16 silver metal grommets per panel (1.6 inch inner diameter), suitable to most standard curtain rods. updated rust free metal grommets make your curtain easy to slide and durable to use.
- care instruction: machine washable. tumble dry low. wrinkles will be disappeared after hanging for a few weeks, or iron at low setting.
Melodieux’s polyester/cotton blended blackout patio door curtains block out up to 90 percent of sunlight and 99 percent of UV rays. This triple-weave 330 gsm fabric is also thermal-insulated, reduce outside noise, and is not chemical-coated to allow for eco-friendly cleaning and washing. They feature a silky-touch backing to make for a stylish appearance for your patio doors as well as thread-trimmed and wrinkle-free technology. They attach to curtain rails by 16 silver metal grommets.
We have listed the following considerations for you to make when picking out the best blackout patio door curtains for your home. Make sure to measure your patio door to buy the right width and length of curtain and the correct curtain rail to hang it on.
Blackout curtains require fabrics that are heavier and thicker than standard curtains so that they can filter out light. The higher the level of light filtering you need, the thicker the fabric needs to be. Polyester and polyester-blended fabrics are the most common types of material for blackout curtains as they can have a denser weave of fabrics to create the perfect amount of light protection for your needs.
Selecting the right color to match your style and room colors is also important. You don’t need to worry: not all blackout curtains are black or solid, dark colors. The latest technology in their manufacture means that you can even select colors in white and hues of white, as well as bright colors, to perfectly suit your style.
Grommets allow you to hang your blackout curtains in the same ways as your other standard curtains. In fact, they come in different hanging designs for you to select which one would best suit your home and room’s style.
4. Cleaning and Maintenance
With polyester and polyester-blended fabrics, you can simply remove the blackout curtains from their rails and drop them into your washing machine to keep them looking as good as new. Most blackout curtains’ fabrics are wrinkle-free and most are able to be ironed on a low heat to remove any wrinkles that might appear during the washing process. As the materials are thicker and denser in construction than standard curtains, they do tend to block the easy movement of small dust and dirt particles so washing them once a year or more regularly if you live in a windy and dusty environment will keep them clean.
Frequently Asked Questions
A: Yes. They can help your house warmer in winter and cooler in summer by blocking energy loss through the patio door glass windows.
Yes, they do. Most blackout curtains feature triple-woven fabrics that are heavier than normal curtains. These layers help to reduce up to 40 percent of outside noise entering your home through the patio door.
Yes, most of them are able to filter out 99 percent of light and 100 percent of UV rays.
No. They block out light day or night to provide the highest levels of privacy. This is because of their triple-weave fabric technology.
The most popular fabrics are polyester and polyester blends. These are easier to maintain, block out the sun’s light and UV rays, and are affordable. Vinyl- and PVC-lined blackout blended materials are difficult to clean and aren’t able to offer the breathability of polyester.
Blackout patio curtains aren’t only for bedrooms, studies, and TV rooms: by covering your glass patio door with blackout curtains, you will be able to better control your room and home’s temperature in summer and winter. They’re an affordable solution to reducing your electric bill each month while increasing your indoor privacy and protecting your furniture from fading from the sun’s harmful UV rays. Blackout patio curtains are a sound investment.
- The Best Blackout Patio Door Curtains: Reduce your Energy Bills and Increase your Privacy - November 25, 2020
- The Best Lube for Sliding Patio Doors: Keep them Friction-Free and Squeak-Free - November 25, 2020
- The Best Blinds for Sliding Glass Patio Doors: Control the Light While Maintaining your Privacy - November 20, 2020