Do you know why you may need a pergola cover outdoors? We will tell you why. You need a pergola cover because the sun can get too hot and it could rain. You do not need to be told to cover yourself from rain or sun. But you need to be told that pergola covers offer varying quality. If you need top quality, these are some of the best pergola covers for shade and rain.
5 Best-Selling Pergola Covers for Shade and Rain
Table of Contents
- 1. Movtotop Sun Shade Sails
- 2. Windscreen4less Rectangle Sun Shade Sail
- 3. Shade & Beyond Sun Shade Sail
- 4. Diig Patio Sun Shade Sail Canopy
- 5. Love Story Rectangle Sun Shade
- Buying Guide
- Frequently Asked Questions
Reviews of 5 Top Rated Pergola Covers for Shade and Rain
The Movtotop Sun Shade Sails is available in 2 colors: blue and sand. The material is high-density polyethylene (HDPE). This material provides shade and blocks out up to 95% of UV rays. It does not just provide shade, it also removes heat. While sitting beneath this pergola cover, all you will feel is coolness. The material is also non-seep. So, when it rains, you are assured that the cover will not leak. This pergola cover for shade and rain measures 10 ft. x 13 ft.
- It is resistant to mold and mildew.
- It is easy to install.
- It protects against UV rays.
- 8'x10' sun shade sail finished with strong stitched seam and durable stainless steel eyelets on each corner, brown with black strips color as shown on photos,constructed with woven high-quality and high-density polyethylene weave fabric (180 gsm)
- 3-year warranty, under normal weather and usage.
- 16ft pe ropes and stainless steel d-rings in each corner make the sun shade sail easily attached to any sturdy connection point to provide sun protection and personal design where you need it.
- shade sail's will lower the ambient air temperature reducing your properties cooling cost and energy consumption. the savings will pay for the shade sail's over time, with the right design.
- widely used over a patio, lawn, garden, pool, pond, deck, kailyard, courtyard, backyard, dooryard, park, carport, pergola, sandbox, driveway or other outdoor area to provide 80%-85% sunshade and protect against 88% up to 95% harmful uv rays, and make your patio privacy safe, cool and fabulous
Here, we have a pergola cover that provides shade when it is sunny and covers when it rains. The HDPE has a weight of 180 GSM. It is UV-resistant and provides up to 95% UV protection. With this, your pergola cover will not fade quickly. The Windscreen4less Sun Shade Sail has a cooling effect. You are not just shaded, it is also cool underneath the pergola. The material is breathable and resistant to mold and mildew. You can easily install this. The cover is available in 13 colors and over 20 sizes.
- It is easy to install.
- It is stretchable.
- It is easy to clean.
- good quality guarantee - constructed of 185 gsm uv protected high density polyethylene (hdpe) shade fabric with strong stitched seam and durable stainless steel d-rings in each corner( the edge is curved, not straight & hardware and rope sells separately, recommend 5 inch, 6 inch and 8 inch hardware)
- breathable material design - allows cooling breezes and light to pass through for better airy and comfortable space, allows rains to pass through, so there's no pooling water( so it is not waterproof)
- easy to install and maintain - installation: measure and clean the area where the shade sail is to be installed. leave an allowance of 1.5-2ft between the fixing point and the shade sail to fit hardwares/ hooks or ropes. maintenance: clean with mild detergent or water, do not scrub it with a stiff brush, do not put it in your washing machine, clothes drier
- long use time - 5 years warranty under normal use and weather. please note that shade cloth is a material can shrink, usually it need tolerance for +-6 inch for each side, thank you
- ideal shade solutions - widely used over a patio, lawn, garden, pool, pond, deck, kailyard, courtyard, backyard, dooryard, park, carport, pergola, sandbox, driveway or other outdoor area to provide 80%-85% sunshade and protect against 95% up to 98% harmful uv rays, and make your patio privacy safe, cool and fabulous
This product is a durable high-density HDPE. It weighs 185 GSM and protects you from up to 98% of harmful UV rays. Cleaning is easy and you can spot-clean with mild detergent or water. Note that it is not washable in machines. Installation is a breeze and you can do it yourself. The material is design to allow air and water to pass through. This allows ventilation and water pooling. You can get this in 3 colors: sand, rust red, and light grey. It is also available in 5 sizes.
- Installation is easy.
- It blocks up to 98% of harmful UV rays.
- The material is breathable.
- ❤protected shade sail - the shade sail protects your children, flowers, plants and cars safe from exposuring under the sun by blocking up to 95% uv rays. our rectangular sun shade sails are made from 100% high density polyethylene uv block fabric.
- ❤various application - our 16' x 20' rectangle sun shade sail canopy is widely used for a patio, lawn, garden,swimming pool, bbq areas, pond, deck, kailyard, courtyard, backyard, dooryard, park, carport, pergola, sandbox,driveway or other outdoor area to meet your shading needs.
- ❤special design - the permeable fabric design allows air to penetrate the outdoor patio sun shade sail providing an cooling, comfortable, and well-ventilated space for cooking, dining and other outdoor activities. breathable fabric allows water to go through freely, no pooling water in rainy days. all edges of the sun sail are slightly curved, so it can be stretched tightly to prevent middle from sagging .
- ❤effortless installation and maintenance - each corner ends with durable stainless steel d-ring to help the rectangle sail shade easily attached to any sturdy connection point. all edges are constructed with double layered reinforced stitched seams, prevents frayed edges and out of shape. easy to clean with mild detergent and water.(hardware kits and ropes are not included for this shade cloth)
- ❤100% satisfaction guarantee - we think you’re going to love our sun shade sail as much as we do. but in case you don’t, just return it within 30 days for a full refund, no question asked.we want our customer to be 100% satisfied. 1 years warranty under normal use and weather.
This pergola cover is available in 2 colors and sizes. This cover provides shade and up to 95% UV protection. The material is breathable. Thus, it allows the permeation of air that cools you as it provides shade. The breathability also prevents water from pooling on the pergola cover. Installation is easy and the cover is resistant to wind.
- The material is breathable.
- It is wind-resistant.
- Installation is easy.
- idea shade solutions - used over a patio,lawn,garden,pool,deck,backyard,carport or other outdoor area to provide sunshade and block up to 98% harmful uv rays, keep you cool and health in summer
- high quality material - 100% new 185 gsm high density polyethylene shade fabric, breathable so not waterproof, with strong stitched seam and durable stainless-steel d-rings in each corner. the edges are curved (not straight) to enhancing pull strength and preventing drooping
- installation directions - measurement is taken from d ring to d ring, leave an 1.5-2 ft space between the fixing point and the shade sail to fit hardware or rope. do not pull shade sail too tightly when installing, it will shrink tightly after sunlight
- warranty and note - 5 years warranty under normal use and weather. for the hdpe fabric of shade sail can shrink slightly, it need tolerance for ±6 inch for each side
- package include: four 5 ft durable ropes and a manual. other shade sail hardware kits are sold separately in our shop
The Love Story Rectangle Sun Shade is an HDPE shade. It provides 95% protection against harmful UV rays and has a 90% shading rate. The fabric weighs 185 GSM and is breathable. So, you should expect to be cooled under the shade. You should not expect water pooling because the material is permeable to water. The absence of water pooling means your pergola cover will last longer. This product is available in 10 different sizes and 9 colors. Some of these colors are sad, terra, beige, blue, and dark grey. It is suitable for pergolas, swimming pools, patios, and other outdoor spaces.
- The material is breathable.
- It provides a 90% shading rate.
- The product is durable.
You certainly need a pergola cover else you would not be here. The thing with pergola covers for shade and rain is that there are so many to choose from. But of these choices, only some qualify to be amongst the best pergola covers for shade and rain. To ensure your choice is one of them, follow this guide.
1. The UV-protection of the Cover
Harmful UV rays can cause immediate damage to the skin. They can also long term damage to the skin. You need your pergola cover for shade. But protection from harmful UV rays is also important. The best covers can provide up to 95% protection from harmful UV rays. These are the type of pergola covers you should opt for.
Asides that, you should get a cover that is resistant to fungus and wind. The resistance to fungus will make maintenance easy. The resistance to wind will ensure that the structure is sturdy.
2. The Size of the Cover
Size should always be considered in anything. Your pergola cover should fit your pergola. If it is too small or too big, you may not be able to install it properly. So ensure you measure the dimensions of your pergola before you buy your pergola cover. You could also get a custom-made pergola cover.
3. Heat Removal and the Prevention of Water Pooling
Shading under hot conditions can be quite uncomfortable. So heat removal is an important part of the comfort your pergola cover can give you. Breathable materials allow the flow of air through them. The flow of air aids in cooling the pergola.
A breathable and permeable fabric would allow water to go through it. You will find this important when it rains. The passage of water through the material prevents water pooling. Water pooling can cause damage to your pergola cover.
Frequently Asked Questions
No, you do not. Having your pergola attached to a building is not compulsory. Some pergolas are freestanding. Unlike attached pergolas, the design of freestanding pergolas is not restricted by buildings.
When a pergola has a roof, it is usually called a pavilion.
A pergola is an outdoor feature that offers shade. It could be for a sitting space or a passageway. The essence of a pergola is to be shaded from the elements while you are outdoors.
Yes, it can. The amount of shade your pergola will provide depends on the beams. The bigger the beams, the more the shade. The smaller the spacing between the beams, the more the shade provided.
With regular maintenance, your pergola should last up to 10 years or more. But, without regular maintenance, your pergola may come crashing within 5 years. Attack by mold and mildew will weaken it without regular maintenance.
When pergolas are attached to buildings, the buildings serve as anchors. Usually, pergolas have no base and can come crashing in a storm. But with an anchor, pergolas are sturdier.
- Best Patio Brick Pavers Mold: Reviews & Buying Guide - May 27, 2020
- Best Outdoor Firewood Storage Racks: Reviews & Buying Guide - May 27, 2020
- Best Outdoor Stone Fire Pits: Reviews & Buying Guide - May 27, 2020