If you are planning on spending a lot of time outdoors, a waterproof speaker will be a good investment. Whether you are going hiking, swimming, camping, at the beach or simply chilling at the backyard, it is prudent to find a speaker that will weather the changes of different environments. Besides being water proof, you’ll need a speaker that maintains high sound quality. Finding a combination of these two need not be tasking. Here is a simple guide to help you make an informed choice.
5 Best-Selling Patio Speakers – Bluetooth, Waterproof
Table of Contents
- 1. Bose Soundlink Water Resistant Bluetooth Speaker
- 2. Alpine Waterproof Bluetooth, Solar Powered Outdoor Rock Speaker
- 3. Sound Appeal Weatherproof Outdoor Pair of Speakers
- 4. Elegiant Waterproof Portable Wireless Speaker with Memory Card and FM Radio
- 5. Sangyeeboom Outdoor Bluetooth Pair of Rock Speakers
- Buying Guide
- Frequently Asked Questions
Reviews of 5 Top Rated Patio Speakers – Bluetooth, Waterproof
1. Bose Soundlink Water Resistant Bluetooth Speaker
Bose SoundLink Color II ( Speaker With Microphone- Citron)
- innovative bose technology packs bold sound into a small, water resistant speaker
- built-in mic for speakerphone to take clear conference or personal calls out loud with a wireless range of approximately 30 feet.
- rugged, with a soft touch silicone exterior that makes it easy to pick up and go
- voice prompts talk you through the bluetooth pairing so it’s easier than ever or even quick-pair with nfc devices
- the lithium-ion battery lets you enjoy up to 8 hours of play time, rechargeable with usb power sources
If you are looking for a small, waterproof Bluetooth speaker that packs bold sound, this citrus yellow beauty is at your disposal. Despite the rugged look, its silicone exterior is soft to touch. It comes with a built-in microphone for accessing digital assistants such as Google assistant and Siri.
- Lithium battery offering 8 hours of playtime, and easy USB charging
- Wireless Bluetooth connections with voice prompts from virtual assistants
- Pairing with other Soundlink speakers for stereo or party mode
2. Alpine Waterproof Bluetooth, Solar Powered Outdoor Rock Speaker
Alpine Corporation Waterproof Bluetooth ( Wireless Rock Speaker, Gray)
- outdoor bluetooth speaker: compatible with any bluetooth-enabled device to play your favorite tunes. 50-foot sound range fills your space with music.mounting type:floor standing
- solar powered: no wires required for charging! simply place in your yard and let the sun power the speaker
- high quality design: high-fidelity sound lets you fully enjoy your favorite songs. battery works up to 12 hours on a full charge and includes an on/off switch
- durable construction: durable resin constriction is lightweight, weather-resistant, and waterproof. perfect for leaving in your yard or taking on the go!
- ideal size: rock speaker measures 13 l x 9 w x 11 h inches for an unobtrusive look that fits in any outdoor space
Fancy a rock-looking speaker that you can charge as you use it outdoors? Well, this highly rated solar powered Bluetooth speaker does just that. And it fits perfectly with your outdoor space!
- Waterproof, weather resistant, light weight and features durable resin construction
- Long battery life, giving up to 12 hours of play time when fully charged
- Solar powered power box with 50 foot sound range
3. Sound Appeal Weatherproof Outdoor Pair of Speakers
525 IndoorOutdoor Weatherproof Patio ( Speakers (White- Pair))
- wireless indoor/outdoor speaker with long range v3.0 technology
- 30w high efficiency class d amplifier will easily fill your outdoor area with great sound
- dimensions: 9.50" x 7.25" x 4.00" (each speaker). || one speaker gets plugged into a 110v outlet , then one wire connects the master speaker to the slave speaker.
- ideal wireless solution for pool speakers, patio and deck speakers, outdoor living and outdoor home theater speakers.
- weatherproof design in beautiful white cabinet, can withstand the elements regardless of climate.
With Bluetooth connectivity that allows pairing of devices that are up to 60 feet apart, this highly rated speaker offers high fidelity sound with more controls such as volume. This weatherproof pair comes with 30w high frequency amplifier which perfectly powers up the patio, pool or any outdoor space. It is beautifully designed, small and can also easily blend with indoor décor.
- The Master speaker connects to the 110V outlet while the other connects to the slave speaker via one wire
- Bluetooth wireless solution for outdoor sound needs, with long sound range
- Light weight, small, beautiful design with white casing that fits into various spaces
4. Elegiant Waterproof Portable Wireless Speaker with Memory Card and FM Radio
The Elegiant IPX7 gives off powerful, high quality booming bass and Hi-Fi sound. This highly rated Bluetooth speaker easily pairs with a variety of devices from a range of 33 feet. It also comes with a 3.5mm jack to make it easy to connect to computers and laptops.
- Lightweight, waterproof, durable ABS material for outdoor use
- 12 to 15 hours of play time when the battery is fully charged
- Noise reduction microphone, playback function, TF memory card and AUX interface
5. Sangyeeboom Outdoor Bluetooth Pair of Rock Speakers
These 5-star rated Bluetooth speakers can pair with devices that are 33 feet away and effortlessly transmit sound. With durable construction, these speakers are weather proof, light weight and can withstand high temperatures, snow, rain and other extreme weather changes. They also offer high fidelity sound with crisp highs and deep bass performance.
- Spotlight function, durable construction with interesting design that is unobtrusive in outdoor spaces
- Wireless pairing with smartphones within 33 feet range
- High quality sound with crystal clear sounds
Whether you like them smooth, rugged, small or large, outdoor speakers are available in all shapes and sizes to suit your preferences. Apart from an appealing exterior, what else should you look for to ensure that you do not get disappointed? Well, here are a few things to consider when shopping for an outdoor speaker solution.
1. Waterproof Rating for the Speakers
The rating is between 0 and 8. A quality Bluetooth speaker should be at least IPX5. A speaker with IPX5 rating means that if it is briefly submerged in water, it can survive. You will find this information on the product description of the speaker.
Most sellers dealing with waterproof speakers always indicate the rating in the product description. If you really like a speaker but can’t find the rating, enquire from the seller. Alternatively, do a search online for the specific model and you’ll get the rating.
2. Features of the Outdoor Waterproof Bluetooth Speakers
Most outdoor speakers come with wireless connectivity. While some just connect to other devices via Bluetooth, other speakers offer the option for connectivity to digital assistants such as Siri. There are speakers that allow syncing with other speakers.
When choosing a speaker that you wish to use with a computer or laptop, check if it has AUX interface. There are speakers that support a 3.5mm jack while others don’t.
Look at the connectivity as well as sound range. When working with a wireless outdoor speaker or speakers, check the range from which devices can be connected. Additionally, check the range of the sound at maximum volume.
3. The Sound Quality of the Patio Waterproof Bluetooth Speakers
Speakers with high fidelity sound are best. They give clear sound; the highs are crisp, the bass is deep and the midrange is well detailed. Be sure to check the frequency of the response – the low frequency point indicates the bass level to expect.
If you want 360 degree sound when chilling outdoors, look out for this feature in the product description. Note that there are some speakers whose sound is harsh at top volume. In order to get a feel of how the speaker might be, read the review from customers who are already using it.
4. Battery Life and Charging Options of the Outdoor Speakers
A typical wireless outdoor speaker lasts an average of 10 hours. The specific amount of time will depend on the particular product at hand. There are speakers that offer up to 20 hours of playtime when fully recharged.
Look at the charging options for your speaker. There are some that support USB charging while others do not. You’ll also find some options that are exclusively solar powered.
Frequently Asked Questions
This is called audio power and it is measured in watts. A 5W speaker is good enough for an intimate picnic. Televisions have at most 10W speakers. Plainly stated, more watts will translate to louder sound.
Note that not all outdoor Bluetooth speakers support syncing with other speakers. If they do, they will include instructions on the product manual on how to sync or pair your speaker with varying devices. Each brand has its own procedures.
This depends on the audio output connection you have used. You may need a Bluetooth transmitter that has variable Bluetooth control or an external volume control.
This term is used to show that the speaker can withstand high temperatures. This means that it can be used outdoors in the summer and winter alike without deteriorating. If the speaker is waterproof and weatherproof, it means that it can withstand a given amount of water without being damaged.
- Best Backyard Cabanas (Buying Guide & FAQs) - May 27, 2020
- ? Best Ultimate Frisbee Gloves (Buying Guide & FAQs) - May 27, 2020
- Best In-Ground Fire Pit (Buying Guide & FAQs) - May 27, 2020