Warmer weather especially when summer comes, calls for beach outings, or maybe just a simple barbeque party by your patio or backyard. It also calls for some uninvited guests, the mosquitoes.
8 Best-Selling Patio Mosquito Repellent
Humans are one of the prime choices of food for these pesky bugs. Mosquitoes are attracted to warm bodies and the delicious aroma emitted by us, humans. To make the matters worse, they are a big threat to our health. If we are not mindful, what we thought is a simple bite can lead to death.
To prevent the mosquitoes from ruining your joyful barbeque party at your patios without ruining your skin from applying too much bug repellent, we provide you a list of the best mosquito repellent.
Table of Contents
- 1. Thermacell Radius Zone Mosquito Repellent Gen 2.0
- 2. Thermacell Cambridge Mosquito Repellent Lantern
- 3. Thermacell MR450 Armored
- 4. Tysonir Electric Mosquito Zappers
- 5. Thermacell MR-PSL Patio Shield Mosquito Repellent
- 6. Mosquito Incense Sticks
- 7. Mosquito Repellent Coils
- 8. Backyard Bug Control
- Buying Guide
- Frequently Asked Questions
Reviews of 5 Top Rated Patio Mosquito Repellent
- effective mosquito protection: thermacell radius mosquito repellent creates a 10-foot zone of protection against mosquitoes. easy to use, one button keeps mosquitoes away. use this compact repeller at campsites or in your backyard.
- heat-activated technology: powered by a rechargeable lithium-ion battery with up to 6.5 hours of continuous mosquito protection per charge. no fuel to monitor and replace. emits scent free repellent that drives away mosquitoes.
- effectively repel without spray or scent: repel mosquitoes without deet sprays or lotions on your skin. no smoke, flames, or harsh odors like citronella. enjoy max protection in 15 minutes. unscented, liquid repellent cartridges are easy to replace
- advanced repellent: independently tested and epa reviewed for safety & effectiveness. repels tough mosquitoes, including those that may transmit encephalitis, west nile virus, and zika virus. people and pet friendly.
- thermacell guarantee: extend warranty to 3 years with registration (automatic 2-year warranty included). backed by thermacell guarantee. see packaging for details. includes repeller, 12-hour refill repellent cartridge, and usb charging cable.
The Thermacell Radius is durable and compact TSA approved. It can easily be bought anywhere you go which makes it not only your buddy on your patio but also your outdoor adventure buddy.
It covers a wide 15-foot zone area of protection against mosquitos. Also providing a long-lasting defense. It has a rechargeable lithium-ion battery that can last long up to 40 hours of continuous use. There is also an automatic shut-off timer making it more convenient in case you already went inside your home.
It is user-friendly. Protect yourself and your family from mosquitoes by just pushing the button. The Thermacell Radius carries a 2-year warranty which can be extended up to 3 years by simply filling up a free registration.
The main active ingredient of Thermacell Cambridge comes from plants making it a nature-inspired repellent. No spray, no scent, and even no cords needed for its heat-activated. Powered by a 12-hr fuel cartridge.
It includes 3 unscented repellent mats and each mat can last up to 4 hours of use. The mat will change its color from blue to white when it needs to be refilled.
It has an independent light feature different from the repellent itself making it ideal to use for nighttime recreation. Providing a 15-foot zone of protection against mosquitoes while still giving off a stylish light. Talk about style and functionality in one.
- turn it on… mosquitoes gone: thermacell mr450 portable mosquito repellent creates a 15-foot zone of protection against mosquitos. portable, lightweight, and tough with rubber over mold and belt clip. zonecheck illuminates when repellent is working.
- heat-activated: no cords or hassle. powered by a safe and compact 12-hour fuel cartridge (included), repel without smoke, flames, or citronella. not a messy trap or gimmicky sonic. cr2032 battery required for zonecheck only (not included).
- long-lasting defense: unscented repellent mats (3 included) last up to 4 hours each and change color when time to refill. no mess, no deet, no spray, and no on-skin chemicals make thermacell better. refills and accessories available.
- nature-inspired repellent: our active ingredient is based on naturally occurring repellents found in plants. we've harnessed its power to fight the toughest mosquitoes on earth (including in your campsite)! epa reviewed for safety & effectiveness.
- thermacell guarantee: extend your warranty to two years with registration (automatic 1-year warranty included). developed and tested at our new england based r&d center. we stand by our products with a 100% satisfaction guarantee
Thermacell MR450 Armored also creates 15-foot zone protection against the mosquitoes. It has a ZoneCheck which illuminates giving a sign that the repellent is working.
Just like the Thermacell Lantern, it is nature-inspired repellent, heat-activated, and inclusive of 3 unscented repellent mats which change color when it is already time to refill. Each unscented repellent mat can last up to 4 hours long. It looks rugged but portable.
- ¹professional mosquito killer: killer lamp attracts mosquitoes, flies, moths, gnats, and other flying insects into the electric fly killer using the blu-ray light bulbs for and then killing them by the 4200v high-voltage grid. indoor and outdoor dual-use.
- ²safe for humans and pets: no more pesticides or potentially harmful sprays. non-irritating odor, non-toxic and harmless to humans. great for food preparation areas. we encased the shock grid in a durable abs plastic housing to prevent potential shock injuries to pets and children.
- ³powerful & effective: 80c㎡ of effective range. ideal for bedroom, living room, toilet, kitchen, hotel, camping, enclosed patios, garage, deck, etc. turn it on three hours before bedtime will have the best effect.
- ⁴simple installation: it is recommended to place the electric insect killer on a flat surface or hang it with a convenient ring.
- ⁵easy upkeep: the mosquito-killing lamp has a removable tray, dead insects collect at the bottom of the unit, which can be easily removed for quick, safe, and easy cleaning.
Unlike the products previously mentioned, the Tysonir Electric Mosquito zapper is a professional when it comes to killing mosquitoes. It does its work by attracting not only mosquitoes but also flies, moths, and other flying insects through its Blu-ray light bulbs.
No need to worry about the safety of your children and pets for its shock grid is encaged in plastic housing. It covers an effective range of 80 centimeters squared of protection. Suitable for both indoor and outdoor use.
- turn it on… mosquitoes gone: thermacell patio shield creates a 15-foot zone of protection against mosquitos. ideal for patios, decks, pools, porches, camping, and more.
- heat-activated: no cords or batteries. powered by a safe and compact 12-hour fuel cartridge (included), repel without smoke, flames, or citronella. not a messy trap or gimmicky sonic. independently tested. epa reviewed for safety & effectiveness.
- effectively repel without spray or scent: repel mosquitoes without deet sprays or lotions on your skin. no smoke, flames, or harsh odors like citronella. enjoy max protection in 15 minutes. device is compatible with all mat and fuel refills, including multi-insect repellent.
- nature-inspired repellent: our active ingredient is based on naturally occurring repellents found in plants. we've harnessed its power to fight the toughest mosquitoes on earth (including in your backyard).
- thermacell guarantee: extend your warranty to two years with registration (automatic 1-year warranty included). developed and tested at our new england based r&d center. we stand by our products with a 100% satisfaction guarantee.
Thermacell MR-PSL cordless and scent-free repellent. You simply install the unscented repellent mat and 12-hour cartridge inside the case and it will create a 15-foot zone of protection for 12 hours.
No sprays, torch flames, or smelly citronella. Evaluated by US EPA or Environmental Protection Agency for its guaranteed safety and effectiveness. It is also portable, convenient, and stylish.
- a natural repellent that actually works: each incense repellent sticks provides protection from mosquitos for up to 2.5 hours
- harness the power of nature with five key plant-based repellent oils: citronella, lemongrass, rosemary, cedarwood, and peppermint oils
- harness the power of nature with our unique blend of repellent oils: we use a combination of plant-based repellent oils that other manufacturers tend to overlook, to provide you with the best mosquito protection
- no petroleum, no synthetic fragrances, no harsh chemicals
- enjoy life outdoors: make your outdoors yours again - not theirs. sit back on your patio, campground, or at your next bbq bite-free with a natural repellent that actually works*** this product is not available for sale in indiana ***
Mosquito Incense Sticks is an effective natural repellent protecting against mosquitoes for up to 2.5 hours. Its ingredients are made up of plant-based repellent oils namely Citronella, Lemongrass, Peppermint, Cedar, and Rosemary.
It is purely natural without any harsh chemicals, petroleum, dyes, and any synthetic fragrances. You can now enjoy any moment with yourself and your loved ones on your patio.
- repels mosquitos
- each coil burns for 5 to 7 hours
- for best results, use outdoors in confined areas like tents, boats, gazebos & more
Mosquito Repellent Coils are a less expensive option would be mosquito repellent coils. It has a seven-hour burn time and can effectively clear an area of mosquitoes.
Some people find the odor from the smoke that it emitted unpleasantly. Windy weather conditions make it easily vulnerable to being blown off. But no worries, it still does its job very well.
- kills fast: kills mosquitoes, listed ant types, fleas and other listed insects
- quickflip hose-end sprayer: hose-end-sprayer activates spray at the flip of a switch – just grip, flip and go
- lasts all summer: controls up to 12 weeks against house crickets, carpenter ants, harvester ants, lady beetles and earwigs
- coverage: treats up to 5,000 square feet of lawn
- no mixing required: attach the sprayer to a garden hose to treat your lawn, landscape and outdoor surfaces where insects hide
The best patio mosquito repellant is not complete without Backyard Bug Control. It can control bugs and all other types of insects in 12 weeks. It is convenient and handy to use. It has a quick flip feature that lets you attach the sprayer to a garden hose easily.
1. Repellent Mechanism
One of the most important features when it comes to buying a mosquito repellent is its effectiveness. You don’t want to waste your money on something that will not protect you.
Whether it is a chemical or electric type repellent, it should have a powerful active mechanism that can do its main job and purpose. Chemicals should be well concentrated and UV function should be powerful enough to repel all those bad mosquitoes.
A mosquito repellent that can cover a wide range of areas is the best especially when it comes to your patio. You will not just sit and relax within a limited amount of space but sometimes move around while doing your chores, or outdoor activities, or even just grilling your meat.
A repellent that can protect you and your family even when you’re moving around is sufficiently powerful already. It helps you avoid walking into an area full of mosquitoes.
3. Safety Features
The reason for buying a mosquito repellent is to make sure that you are safe from mosquitoes. Also, buying a product that is safe for your health and the environment is a priority. You both want your family and loved ones to be safe from any harm.
Make sure that there will be no issues when the repellent is being used whether it is a chemical type or an electric type. Chemical types of repellent should have features that can dry well and buffer from any damages. Electric types ones on the other hand should have features that help protect the fingers of an individual.
4. Function that Lasts
A repellent that lasts is a repellent to trust. It should have a lasting function in both its application and storage.
Find a product that won’t wear off its function prematurely. You should be protected for hours after applying or turning it on.
Frequently Asked Questions
It depends on the situation.
It does work more effectively for 30 mins after spraying. It also improves the coverage making you more protected from mosquitoes.
Some repellents are portable so you can easily bring them with you wherever you go. A combination of both a chemical or electric type that you can spray or install outdoors and a repellent that you can easily apply to your skin gives a lot more coverage and even better protection.
You can plant various plants that keep mosquitoes away such as basil, rosemary, lavender, marigold, and more.
Spray when mosquitoes are most active. It usually happens in the cooler hours of the morning or night.