Patio gardens are easy to grow; herbs need no special treatment. As long as the herbs enjoy some sunshine, soil nutrition and adequate watering, you are good to go. You can grow practically any herb in your outdoor patio garden. If you are looking for a starting point, here are a few pointers.
5 Best-Selling Patio Herb Garden Kits
Table of Contents
- 1. Outsunny Raised Wooden Garden Grid Planter
- 2. Cedarcraft Elevated Spruce Planter With A Greenhouse Cover And Casters
- 3. Free Standing Vertical Garden with Elevated Planters
- 4. Amerlife 3 Tier Elevated Wooden Patio Planter
- 5. Best Choice Outdoor Metal Herb Planter
- Buying Guide
- Frequently Asked Questions
Reviews of 5 Top Rated Patio Herb Garden Kits
- eight-box raised planter bed: our outdoor raised planter is an instant herb garden you can use to hold eight different herbs, flowers, or vegetables. the spacing in the grid lets your plants each have their own section of special soil and stops them from crowding each other.
- outdoor-ready planter: our raised planter is made out of outdoor-ready fir wood that's been coated with water-resistant paint. with wood that is light enough for two people to take inside, you can protect plants from the elements when there is a storm or it's the end of the season.
- planter with storage shelf: along with eight planter boxes found on your raised garden bed, you also get a shelf for storage below. use it for seeds, plant food, shovels, and other gardening tools to make your time out in the soil a lot easier.
- no need to bend down: the raised design makes this raised garden bed with legs perfect for those who don't like to bend down or lean over while they garden. and this raised planter box reduces back and knee strain and also helps protect plants from rabbits and other uninvited elements.
- raised garden box info: overall dimension: 43.25" l x 18" w x 30" h. planter bed size: 41.75" l x 16.5" w x 7.25" h. individual grid size: 10.25" l x 8" w. bottom shelf size: 42" l x 14.5" w x 5.25" h cm. weight capacity: 40 lbs. (planting area), 25 lbs. (storage shelf). easy assembly is required. note: to increase the lifespan of this product, we recommend you install non-woven fabric at the bottom of the eight planter boxes.
Made to suit small spaces, this outdoor herb garden grid planter features 8 spacious compartments where you can plant different herbs. This grid planter is made of natural, stable fir wood covered in water resistant paint for durability with long term use.
The planter has a raised planting platform that can hold up to 40 lbs. and a lower storage shelving that can hold up to 25 lbs.
- Raised planter design for those who do not like to or cannot bend for too long
- Spacious grids that help separate herbs easily and prevent overgrowth
- Spacious bottom shelf for storing gardening tools or additional planting pots
This highly rated gardening kit is made to suit the needs of your seasonal vegetables and herbs. The greenhouse protects the plants against some pests, pets and gophers. The frame is made of weatherproof, powder coated aluminum while the planter is made of wood.
- Elevated kit with a greenhouse cover for seasonal vegetables and herbs
- Features casters that allows you to easily roll the outdoor garden kit as is needed
- It’s easy to assemble, it is stable, durable and spacious, with soil capacity of up to 4.5 cubic feet
This 5-box-per-pack planter offers cascading water drainage, making it perfect for planting herbs, vegetables, succulents and flowers. This patio herb garden kit comes with food grade plastic bins as planters, and can effectively fit tight spaces. It is easy to assemble, it is stylish and perfect for people who enjoy gardening but may have back problems.
- Cascading style elevated garden featuring 5 spacious and certified food grade plastic planters per pack
- Free standing garden with a sturdy, stable, weather resistant steel frame for prolonged outdoor use
- The planters have a soil capacity of 0.5 cubic feet, and the entire kit has a soil capacity of 5 cubic feet
This 5 star rated patio herb garden kit is designed to suit the deepest rooted vegetables and herbs on the last tire and the common herbs on the first tire. The planter is made of solid, premium natural fir wood, devoid of toxic painting and vanishes. This herb garden kit is easy to assemble, durable and perfect for outdoor use.
- Natural wooden planter that is resistant to pests and rots
- 3 different compartments for optimal growing conditions of the herbs
- The planter is elevated to a maximum of 22 inches height
- easy assembly: beveled edges can easily be screwed to the sides using a phillips screwdriver and the included wingnuts and screws so it's ready in no time
- built to last: made of powder-coated steel plates, with a anti-corrosion finish to keep your garden bed looking its best for years to come
- open-bottom garden bed: built with an open base to prevent water buildup and breakdown, while allowing roots easy access to nutrients
- micro-environment: steel panels prevent the invasion of excessive nitrates and soil leaching, so you can create the ideal conditions for your plants to grow
- ideal for various plants: a spacious 12-square-foot frame is raised nearly a foot off the ground to provide a healthy environment for vegetables, herbs, flowers, succulents, and more!; overall dimensions: 47"(l) x 35.25"(w) x 11"(h)
Dark grey in color, this 5 star planter is a simple metallic planter with an open bottom that is perfect for vegetables, succulents, and herbs. The open bottom prevents waterlogging by allowing free water flow. It is made of galvanized steel, making it a good option for long term outdoor use.
- Decorative accent to the patio
- The planter is made with heavy duty galvanized steel and features beveled edges
- Spacious 47 by 35 inch bed which is spacious and ideal for different types of herbs
If you like to use a variety of fresh herbs and vegetables, a kitchen garden is a must-have. While herbs are not difficult to manage, they come in a variety of types. This means that they need a variety of management techniques. If you are looking for the perfect outdoor herb garden kit, here are a few points to consider
1. The Herbs You Wish To Plant
Herb varieties that tend to grow tall such as rosemary may need deep and sometimes free standing pots. A patio garden kit with small trellis would be ideal for herbs that have climbers. Herbs that have huge rooting systems require deeper and wider spaces in order to thrive.
If you want to plant different varieties of the same herb, keep them in separate areas. This is because they tend to copy each other’s characteristics and therefore lose their individual uniqueness. You will need a spacious or compartmentalized patio garden to separate them.
2. The Dimensions of the Patio Herb Garden Kit
If you have a small area to spare, you might want to go for free standing, elevated garden options with multiple shelving or tiers. If you have a good amount of space, measure out the part on which you want to do gardening and get a patio herb garden to fit in it.
The dimensions of all patio herb garden kits are always indicated on the product description section. If you have any concerns you need clarified, you can always reach out to the seller.
3. The Herb Garden Kit Material
Wooden planters are a common option for patio gardens as they are natural yet strong. Look out for water resistant paint and finishes that are toxic as they end up in the soil and ultimately on your plate. If you go for a plastic planter, ensure that it is made of certified food grade plastic.
4. Your Physical State and Preferences
If you have back issues and cannot bend, or you do not like working while bending, you can go for an elevated garden. Alternatively, if you really like a garden kit but it is too low, you can always place it on a platform at your preferred height.
Consider the weight of the herb garden kit, especially if you need to constantly move it around. You can always go for wheeled herb garden kits or install casters on your favorite designs if they are heavy.
Frequently Asked Questions
Herb gardens should be at least 6 inches deep. You will find that many options in the market are about 8 inches and above. This depth, however, depends on the particular herb you are dealing with. The soil depth requirements are indicated on the seed packets.
This depends on the design. If you had to assemble the garden by yourself, you can also take it apart. If it is shipped to you already assembled, contact the seller for more information on how to take it down for storage.
It depends on the shape, size and design of the garden. Most planters are built to support common vegetables such as tomatoes, lettuce and spinach in addition to the herbs. This information is always on the product description section. If not, contact the seller.
Most herb gardens can be used both indoors and outdoors. However, this depends on the size and design of your unit. It also depends on the space you have indoors and the amount of sunlight the herbs can be exposed to when moved indoors.
A good number of the seed starter kits are made to be used on a regular ground garden. It is recommended that you mix regular potting soil and compost for use on the planters. Follow the instructions on the seed packet for best results.