It can get very cold outside especially at night and when it does, staying outdoors becomes very uncomfortable. But when you have a patio heater, things can be different. Patio heaters come in various heights and the height affects their range of heating.
Your heating needs will always vary and to be able to adjust the height of the heater to suit your needs is a huge advantage. If you desire to be at an advantage outdoors, here are 5 of the best patio heaters with adjustable height.
5 Best-Selling Patio Heaters with Adjustable Height
Table of Contents
Reviews of 5 Top Rated Patio Heaters with Adjustable Height
1. Sundate Outdoor Patio Heater
The Sundate Outdoor Patio Heater is a low-price electric heater. It produces heat using 2 halogen tubes and has 2 heat settings (750 watts and 1500 watts).
This patio heater has a waterproof rating of IP34 which means splashing water is unlikely to cause damage to it.
- Two power settings: 750 watts and 1500 watts.
- Starts heating within 3 seconds.
- Height can be adjusted from 194 to 204 cm.
2. Hiland Propane Patio Heater
Hiland HLDS01SSHGT 48000 BTU ( Table, Large, Hammered Bronze/SS)
- hiland 87-inch tall patio heater
- two-tone hammered bronze powder coated and stainless steel finish
- wheels for easy mobility matching adjustable table
- gas type: propane
- all hiland products include a one year limited . we are one of the only suppliers in the us to maintain a complete line of replacements parts and a full service repair center
This patio heater with adjustable height is a mid-price electric heater made from aluminum and stainless steel.
In the Hiland Propane Patio Heater, carbon tubes are used to generate heat with a heating power of up to 2100 watts. With a rating of IP44, this patio heater is resistant to damage by splashing water.
- Height can be adjusted from 150 to 200 cm.
- Requires no fuel.
- Can heat up to 20 m2.
3. AIMCAE Patio Heater
The AIMCAE patio heater has a heating power of up to 13,000 watts, which is about 8 times that of the usual heaters.
It is a mid-to-high price patio heater that is fuelled with natural gas. The AMCAE weighs about 28 pounds so moving it around should be no problem.
- Height adjustable from 150 cm to 220 cm.
- Provides protection against hypoxia, flameout, and dumping.
- Can heat an area of up to 80 m2.
4. hOmeLabs Commercial Grade Patio Heater
HOmeLabs Gas Patio Heater ( With Simple Ignition System, Wheels And Base Reservoir)
- 87-inch propane patio heater with 32-inch reflector produces an impressive heat output of 41,000 btu in a circle. great heating solution and perfect alternative to a fire pit to heat up your garden parties and keep your guests warm when the temperature starts to drop
- crafted from a high-grade steel with bronze hammered finish, this heater is designed to withstand all the elements the great outdoors has to offer. with a double-layer protective mesh, it’s designed to resist rust and perfectly complement your patio furniture and outdoor decor
- easy to assemble patio heater set is applicable to use with propane or butane gas only. it features a round table for maximum convenience, and it’s wide enough to place a set of wine glasses. the table is adjustable and can also be completely removed when not in use
- this auto shut-off portable outdoor patio heater is smartly designed with 18.1 inches diameter base reservoir that can be filled with sand or water for much-needed stability. also includes wheels at the base making it easy to move around when needed
- user-friendly one-step ignition system takes away all the hassle when starting it up. simply hold down the button to light up this heater. its variable heat-control knob allows you to set in low or high heat settings and to turn the heater completely off at the end of the night
This patio heater is a high price patio heater with adjustable height. It burns liquefied propane to generate heat and has a heating power as high as 13,000 watts.
It weighs about 37.5 pounds and should be fairly easy for you to move around.
- Heating range up to an area of 50 m2.
- Consumes between 500 grams to 800 grams of fuel every hour.
- Height adjustable between 160 cm to 220 cm.
5. U-cristallo Infrared Patio Heater
Last on our list is the U-cristallo infrared patio heater. It is an electric heater than generates heat using a gold tube element with a heating power of up to 1500 watts.
It is rated IP65; this means it is resistant to dust and water jets.
- Rapid heating (within 3 seconds).
- Angle can be adjusted up to 45°
- Height can be adjusted from 109 cm to 200 cm.
There are many patio heaters available out there and they come in various types, capacities, and sizes. With so many options to choose from, making a choice can be dicey. However, with a buying guide like this, you should be able to choose the best patio heater with adjustable height for your outdoor space.
1. Power rating
The power rating is one of the features you should consider while making your decision. The power rating gives an indication of how much heat the patio heater can produce. Also, the power rating tells you how much power the patio heater will consume. So before going for the patio heater with a high power-rating, consider the cost you will incur.
2. BTU Rating
The BTU rating is very essential as it is used to determine which patio heater would be most suitable for your space. For an area between 100 – 150 square meters, a BTU of 5000 is recommended; for an area between 150 – 250 square meters, a BTU of 6000 is recommended, and the pattern goes on like this.
The higher the BTU rating, the higher the output and performance of the patio heater.
3. IP Rating
The IP (Ingress Protection) rating defines how protected the patio heater is against solid objects like dust and fingers and liquid objects like water. It consists of 2 digits – the first digit codes for solid object and the second digit codes for liquids.
The values for solid object ranges from 0 to 6 where 0 means no protection and 6 means dust-tight. The values for liquid objects range from 0 to 8 where 0 means no protection and 8 means the object is hermetically sealed.
4. Source of heat
The source of heat is very important in choosing your patio heater. There are 3 main sources of heat: electric, natural gas, and liquefied propane. The properties of these 3 heat sources vary significantly.
While none of them is 100% nature-friendly, an electric patio heater is the eco-friendliest of the 3. Electric patio heaters do not produce gases while they function, they heat up faster, and are cheaper to run.
Natural gas patio heaters cost more to run than electric patio heaters. However, they are more eco-friendly than liquefied propane patio heaters. Propane heaters are known to emit carbon dioxide from the combustion of propane. In cases where there is incomplete combustion, the highly toxic carbon monoxide is produced. Of all 3, electric heaters are the most energy-efficient.
Frequently Asked Questions
Patio heaters are powered using electricity, liquefied propane or natural gas.
Electric patio heaters are the most energy-efficient.
Electric heaters heat faster than other types of patio heaters.
BTU means British thermal unit and it is the amount of energy that will increase the temperature of 1lb. of water by 1 degree Fahrenheit. The BTU of a patio heater is indicative of its output and performance.
No. Electric heaters are usually suitable for indoor and outdoor use. However, patio heaters powered using propane or natural gas are mainly for outdoor use.
Electric patio heaters are the cheapest.
No. They should be stored away from rain and other harsh weather conditions.
- How to Shrink Wrap Patio Furniture - August 28, 2020
- Best Outdoor Solar Powered Motion Sensor Flood Lights Reviews & Buying Guide - May 27, 2020
- Best Garden Solar Lights for Flower Beds : Reviews & Buying Guide - May 27, 2020