Asides giving warmth, outdoor stone fire pits make landscapes more attractive. How can something that burns hot be cool to have? We ask ourselves the same too. But your stone fire pit will only be a cool feature if it is of high quality. If you want high quality then you want the best outdoor stone fire pits. We know you want high quality so we compiled 5 of the best outdoor stone fire pits.
5 Best-Selling Outdoor Stone Fire Pits
Table of Contents
- 1. Amazon Basics Natural Stone Fire Pit with Copper Accents
- 2. Bond Manufacturing 63172 Newcastle Propane Fire Bowl
- 3. Bond Manufacturing Pinyon Gas Stone Look Fire Pit
- 4. Best Choice Products Home Outdoor Patio Natural Stone Gas Fire Pit
- 5. Sun Joe SJFP28-STN-CL Classic Stone Fire Pit
- Buying Guide
- Frequently Asked Questions
Reviews of 5 Top Rated Outdoor Stone Fire Pits
- overall dimensions: 33.9" diameter x 23.6" height; fire bowl: 22" diameter
- outdoor portable fire pit features natural stone with diamond copper accents and a black steel fire bowl
- easily portable from one location to another with stabilizing feet for sturdy placement
- includes log grate, fire tool and fire screen; use fire tool as needed to keep hands away from heat
The Amazon Basics Stone Fire Pit is very stylish. It is uniquely designed with natural stones and copper accents. You can carry it around with ease. Also, it has 4 legs to offer stability. These legs also make the outlook of the fire pit attractive. When you are outdoors, the heat from the burning wood makes the ambiance soothing. You can also watch the flames and get lost in the beauty of those moments.
- It has a fire screen.
- It has a fire tool.
- It uses wood as a source of heat.
This product is available in 4 designs: Newcastle, Fairhaven, Sonoma, and Morgan Hill. All designs are with natural lava rock. The tank containing the gas that serves as fuel is within the natural lava rock structure. This product runs on propane gas. It can generate up to 40 thousand BTU, which is a lot. The structure is UV-coated to provide resistance against deterioration by UV light.
- It has a 20 lb. propane tank.
- The structure is UV-coated.
- It has an easy-to-use control and an ignition knob.
- 30,000 btu heat output
- uses 20 . liquid propane tank (sold separately)
- includes lava rock, 10 foot gas hose & tank seat holder
- includes protective cover
- made of 100% fire resistant inorganic material
This stone fire pit is made using a combination of lava rock and inorganic materials. The inorganic materials are fire-resistant so they will not burn. This product uses liquid propane as fuel and generates up to 30 thousand BTU of heat. The package comes with a protective cover, a gas hose, and a tank holder.
- It has a protective cover.
- It generates as much as 30,000 BTU of heat.
- It has a tank seat holder and a 10 ft. gas hose.
- easy ignition: one-step spark-ignition button with a flame control adjustment knob allows you to enjoy up to 30,000 btus of ambient heat
- natural ambience: this fire pit pairs decorative stonework siding with a stainless-steel burner and insulating lava rocks to form an attractive, functional addition to any outdoor living space
- all-weather cover: enjoy this pit for years to come thanks to an all-weather cover to prevent wear from the sun and rain
- propane powered: experience hours of fully adjustable heat with a 20-lb. propane tank (not included) that sits outside of the fire pit and can easily be covered by a small table
- no assembly required: get on the fast track to warm, outdoor lounging with a fire pit that's ready to use right out of the box!; overall dimensions: 27.6"(dia) x 9.5"(h)
The Best Choice Stone Gas Fire Pit is beautifully designed. The lava rock fire pit has a steel burner and a 120-inch gas hose. It is fuelled by liquid propane contained in 20 lbs. tank. This stone fire pit can generate up to 30 thousand BTUs of heat. When you are out there enjoying the stars, the warmth will dispel the cold around you.
- It has an easy-to-control fire knob.
- It has a 120-inch long gas hose.
- It has a spark ignition button.
- ideal outdoor centerpiece for warmth and enjoyment
- durable cast stone base adds a sophisticated touch to any outdoor décor
- large 28 in. (73.8 cm) fire bowl accommodates hardwood logs up to 21.5 in. (54.6 cm) long
- mosquito-safe tip: add sage, lemon balm, or citronella leaves to your fire pit to help repel mosquitos
- no wood burning fire pits should be used on a wood deck
This fire pit is very attractive. It is available in 3 designs: charcoal grey, classic stone, and rustic wood. This cast stone fire pit is durable and beautiful too. It uses wood as fuel and has a fire screen. The fire screen serves as a safety feature for you and those around it.
- It has a fire tool.
- It has a fire screen.
- It is durable.
You know what type of stone fire pit will be a good look at your landscape? We do not know either. Your preferences determine the best outdoor stone fire pit for your outdoor space. But, our guide will help ensure that you make the best choice from the options available.
1. The Type of Stone
The type of stone used in constructing the fire pit is very important. It determines how safe your fire pit can be. The ability of the stones used in making your fire pit to absorb water is essential. Stones that can absorb water can explode on heating. But, denser stones do not absorb water readily. They have a low risk of exploding on heating. Some of these stones are gravel, granite, and marble.
2. Source of Heat
Fire pits use different materials as their source of heat. Some fire pits use wood as their source of heat. Wood can generate a lot of heat, about 40 thousand BTUs or more. Wood is also cheap but it is hard to control. They are also messy because they leave cool and ash after burning.
Bioethanol is another source of fuel. Bioethanol does not generate so much heat (10 thousand BTUs/hour or less). But it is environment-friendly. It is also easy to control the heat generated. The flames from bioethanol do not do much to keep you warm. But they are beautiful to watch.
There are other heat sources used in stone fire pits such as propane. You should weigh their pros and see if they suit your needs.
3. A Fire Extinguisher
A fire extinguisher might not be a feature of your stone fire pit. But you must include this on your buying list. Fire can get how of control no matter how much control you have over it. Having a fire extinguisher around your firestone is an effective safety measure.
Frequently Asked Questions
You may use concrete in your fire pit. But there is a huge disadvantage that comes with using it. Concrete will absorb water and when heated, they may explode.
The best of stones to use inside fire pits are dense stones. Dense stones do not absorb water easily so they will not expand on heating. If they do not expand, they are unlikely to explode on heating. Some of these stones include marble, pea gravel, and granite.
You should ensure that water does not collect in your fire pit.
Water can pool inside your fire pit when it rains. This may damage your fire pit or cause it to malfunction. To avoid this, you can cover your fire pit with a tarp. You can also store your fire pit under a shed or add drainage pipes to it.
One way through which you can make your stone fire pit last is by adding a steel fire ring to it. By adding a steel fire ring, you reduce the rate of drying of the blocks. This makes them last longer.
A stone fire pit can go for as low as 300 dollars and as high as 2000 dollars.
- Best Patio Brick Pavers Mold: Reviews & Buying Guide - May 27, 2020
- Best Outdoor Firewood Storage Racks: Reviews & Buying Guide - May 27, 2020
- Best Outdoor Stone Fire Pits: Reviews & Buying Guide - May 27, 2020