There’s something about good company and a big screen that makes one appreciate life in general. The experience is by far much fulfilling and fun if you get to enjoy it outdoors. That’s why you need an outdoor movie screen with a stand if looking forward to this.
Summer nights will never be the same once you get yourself a movie screen for your backyard. Just ensure that you purchase one that is easy to store, durable, and brings out the best colors.
5 Best-Selling Outdoor Movie Screen with a Stand
Table of Contents
- 1. AmazonBasics Outdoor Projector Screen with Stand
- 2. Elite Screen Yard Master 2
- 3. TaoTronics Projector Screen with Stand
- 4. PERLESMITH 100-inch Screen with Stand
- 5. Akia Screens Pull UP Collapsible Screen
- Buyers Guide
- Frequently Asked Questions
Reviews of 5 Top Rated Outdoor Movie Screen with a Stand
- 120 inch outdoor/indoor projection screen with frame stand; 16:9 aspect ratio
- ideal for movie nights, video games, trade shows/conferences, outdoor festivals and more
- opaque white fabric screen with black border for contrast and a professional movie screen look
- lightweight aluminum tube frame quickly sets up and tears down for storage and transport in the included padded carrying case
- for use in mild weather with a light breeze; store between uses for maximum longevity
This projector screen by AmazonBasics starts our list as it’s ideal for outdoor festivals, trade shows, conferences, and also the best for movie nights. It’s made from an opaque white material with a black border that gives it a professional movie screen look.
- Has a lightweight aluminum tube frame
- Easy to assemble and comes with a padded carrying case
- Has an aspect ratio of 12:9
- 【100 inch freestanding portable projector screen】 this projector screen is 100-inch diagonal, 16:9 aspect ratio. view size: 49.0" h x 87.0" w. overall size: 79.1" h x 92.3" w x 36.7" leg size. silver aluminum frame.
- 【amazing visual feast】cinewhite uhd-b (tensioned matte white) 1.3 gain.4k ultra hd and active 3d projection ready. features 180 degree viewing angle with fully black backed front projection. isf, accurate color points dynamic range color temperature.
- 【easy set up& clean】 assembles in minutes without the use of tools lightweight aluminum square tube construction easily transports included padded carrying bag. easy clean with soap water. compatible with short-throw and ultra-short-throw projectors
- 【features & includes】features a fully tensioned snap button frame that ensures a flat projection. includes single-piece aluminum frame with detachable t-legs could increases stability,carrying bag,ground stakes,rigging cord,and support rings
- 【us based company warranty】 2-year/3-year enr-g manufacturer's warranty by elite screens if purchased new, an iso9001 manufacturer since 2004 and lifetime tech support by email or phone call by elite screens' professional service team.
How about you try out this movie screen from Elite screen that features 160 degrees viewing angle? It is mildew resistant and also very easy to clean. The screen is compatible with any standard short-throw UHD projector and quite easy to assemble as well.
- Comes with a fully tensioned snap butter frame for a flat projection
- 100 inch diagonal and has an aspect ratio of 16:9
- The material has secure snap-button attachments
Third on the list is this 100-inch screen from TaoTronics that is not only wrinkle-free but also easy to clean. It comes with a stable tripod stand for support that is quite lightweight and easy to set up. The screen works perfectly for schools, homes, and offices as well.
- Has a 160 degrees viewing angle
- 1.1 gain that diffuses light evenly
- Features a premium PVC matte construction
If looking for an outdoor screen that can work with most LCD, DLP and LED projectors, try this screen by PERLESMITH out. It is built with a wide viewing angle (160 degrees) and 1.2 gain. You, therefore, don’t have to sit directly in front of the screen for a better view.
- Features an auto-locking mechanism for height adjustment
- Comes with a foldable stand that is made from lightweight materials
- Provides crystal clear images
Last on the list is this 100-inch movie screen by Akia Screens that comes with 180 degrees viewing angle. It has a textured surface and also provides a wide range of height settings. The screen is highly compatible with 4K Ultra HD and will most likely make your summer nights memorable.
- Easy to clean and mildew-resistant
- Comes with a keystone eliminator that helps in correcting image distortions
- Collapsible and comes with white durable casing legs
Consider the following before you purchase an outdoor movie screen with a stand for your family.
Where exactly do you intend to place your movie screen? Is your backyard spacious enough? You need to remember that you want enough seating space and that for the screen as well. Your outdoor space will influence the screen size as well as the number of viewers.
2. Screen Size
The screen size to go for depends on individual preferences. While you would go for a 100-inch screen, someone else may opt for a smaller or bigger size. There are plenty of choices available and in different sizes to suit everyone’s needs.
Check to ensure that it’s easy for you to move the screen from one place to another and with ease. It’s always wise to select an outdoor movie screen that you can carry along and store with ease. You don’t want a screen that gives you a difficult time when taking it out to your backyard and back to the house.
4. Ease of set up
Get a movie screen that you can set up with ease. If it’s one that doesn’t require the use of tools for set up, the better. Why go through the pain of getting a professional to help you set up the screen while there are lots of screens out there that you can assemble within minutes?
Since you’ll be using the screen outdoors on most occasions, go for one that you can assemble and disassemble with ease.
Go for a movie screen that will last for as long as possible. That means that you need to do your research well since getting the right one may not be that easy. You don’t want to pay for a product that gets damaged or fails to work as expected a few months down the line.
6. Viewing angle
Consider getting a screen with a wide viewing angle. Reason? With a large viewing angle, watchers can sit at an angle (not directly in front of the screen) in front of the screen without experiencing distortion.
Also, consider going for one with a 1.1 gain or one that is close to that as much as possible. Such a gain will keep the reflection down.
7. Viewing environment
You need to consider the weather outdoors before you set up the movie screen for a movie night with your friends and family. For instance, is your backyard windy? If that’s the case, get a screen that comes with support anchors.
Frequently Asked Questions
Be on the lookout for the blackout cloth material if you want the best results. The material remains stable and resembles movie theatre cloths. It is also easy to clean and durable, as well.
If going for a home cinema system, try the largest outdoor movie screen model available today,135 inches. However, should you find it to be too large, you can opt for smaller models as well.
Your budget will also determine the size of the movie screen to get. How much do you wish to spend on it? If you want a cheaper model, you’ll have to go with a smaller screen as the bigger one always comes with a higher price tag.
The most important thing is to ensure that your movie screen remains dry at all times. If using it outdoors and it begins to drizzle, immediately take it down and store indoors. You also need to keep it clean at all times, as this helps by giving movies a clean appearance. Also, fold the screen properly after use if looking forward to using it for years to come.
Well, you can, but it’ll not give you the best of results as it would do during the night. These screens use projectors that come designed for use in darker rooms as opposed to the blazing sun in your backyard. If possible, avoid using it during the day.
Investing in the best outdoor movie screen with a stand will not only make your summer holidays memorable but entertaining and fun as well. Why spend all your nights indoors while you could enjoy the cool weather outside taking your popcorns and enjoying good company?
Select the screen that you feel will work best for you and look forward to happy moments. Happy shopping!
- How to Shrink Wrap Patio Furniture - August 28, 2020
- Best Outdoor Solar Powered Motion Sensor Flood Lights Reviews & Buying Guide - May 27, 2020
- Best Garden Solar Lights for Flower Beds : Reviews & Buying Guide - May 27, 2020