It gets pretty cold sometimes and you need to create fire to keep warm. One way to keep warm is to burn firewood in your chimney. It is better to keep firewood in preparation for cold days than to wait until those days come. If you want to store firewood, one way to store them is with outdoor firewood storage racks. Behold five of the best outdoor firewood storage racks available.
5 Best-Selling Outdoor Firewood Storage Racks
Table of Contents
- 1. Landmann USA 82424 Adjustable Firewood Rack
- 2. Sunnydaze Outdoor and Indoor Firewood Log Rack
- 3. Panacea Tubular Steel Log Hoop
- 4. Best Choice Products 5-Piece Wrought Iron Firewood Storage Rack
- 5. Amagabeli Fireplace Log Rack
- Buying Guide
- Frequently Asked Questions
Reviews of 5 Top Rated Outdoor Firewood Storage Racks
The Landmann USA Adjustable Firewood Rack is a midrange firewood storage rack. It has a firewood capacity of up to 0.90 FC – this is quite large. The frame is powder--coated to be resistant to harsh weather conditions. You can assemble the rack yourself without stress. This rack raises your firewood above the ground by about 5 inches. With this feature, your firewood will not get dampened by the floor. The length of the frame of this firewood rack is adjustable. You can extend it when you need to store more firewood.
- adjust to any size: each bracket is 13 inches long x 6 inches wide x 4 inches deep; weighs 6.8 pounds per bracket; inside 2 x 4 holes measure 3-5/8 x 1-5/8 x 3-5/8 inches; choose any length or height to fit a large range of face-cord sizes; easily keep your firewood logs and kindling in a neat pile
- very sturdy heavy-duty design: made from durable black powder-coated 1/8-inch thick steel for added longevity for any customized wood stacker stand
- versatile options: includes 1 set of 2 brackets and 24 screws (2 x 4s can be purchased at your local building supply store); use inside by a fireplace or outside on the patio by a firepit; helps keep wood clean and dry by storing it off the ground
- easy to assemble: minimal assembly is needed; simply use the included screws to attach the 2x4s to the metal bracket
- worry-free purchasing: sunnydaze decor backs its products with a 1-year manufacturer's warranty
You can get this firewood storage rack in 1’s, 2’s or 3’s. The steel frame is coated for weather resistance. The width of the rack is adjustable. So, you can pull the vertical stands apart when you have more wood to store. You do not need extra technical know-how to put the pieces together. This rack is easy to install. It raises your wood above the ground by about 4 – 5 inches. You can bother less about your firewood getting damp or attacked by termites.
- upc: 093432152096
- weight: 10.700 lbs
You can use the Panacea Tubular Steel Hoop inside and outside your home. It even serves as a form of design when used by the fireplace inside your house. The body is a heavy-duty, coated steel hoop. It will tolerate harsh weather elements. The hoop measures 40 inches in diameter and can house a considerableamount of firewood. Installing this product is easy and you can do it on your own. Stacking your firewood is also easy and straightforward.
- storage space: designed with 2 storage shelves, this rack has enough space to hold and organize your firewood, as well as hang tools on the sides for easy access
- included accessories: this stand comes with 4 tools, including a poker, hook, shovel, and duster to easily tend to your fire and clean up debris
- indoor/outdoor use: carefully crafted with heat-resistant wrought iron to ensure a stronger storage rack that withstands flames while accentuating your fireplace or outdoor fire pit
- easy assembly: put the storage rack together with minimal effort by simply attaching each self to the sides before hanging your tools
- stylish and practical: a vintage design means this storage essential is ideal not only for keeping wood organized, but for adding a classy look to your living space; overall dimensions: 17"(l) x 12"(w) x 29"(h); weight capacity: 150 lbs.
The body is all wrought iron and all coated. Harsh weather elements can do little to deteriorate this firewood rack rapidly. The Best Choice Wrought Iron Firewood Storage Rack is for indoor and outdoor use. It has a unique design and has 4 fireplace tools with it. In the package, you will find a broom, tongs, a shovel, and a hook.
- indoor / outdoor: this space saving vertical firewood log rack with tool holders is perfect for your home's fireplace or your outdoor fire pit, can be well stocked with a bundle of firewood, hooks for all your fireside tools, and a steel shelf below the wood rack for fire starters, kindling or more firewood. fireplace tool set keeps your firewood and tools in one convenient, lovely spot. this package offers all you need for an organized and attractive hearth.
- large capacity: the log rack frame measures 29.1inx15.8inx11.8in, made from durable steel square tubing and powder coated black to ensure its durability and strength indoors and out. the significant metal stand forms a sturdy frame, with plenty of room on the 14.17inch by 11.8inch square base to accommodate your firewood. the 2in raised base above ground allows wind flow to keep dry.
- ergonomic design: integrated hooks on the stand create places to hang the included tongs, poker, broom, and shovel, to maintain the fire safely and easily. two arched bars on the stand add curves to the dramatic unit, while a stepped detail at the top of each leg continues the look.
- easy to assemble: assembly required. the steel plate beneath the log rack makes room for kindling, fire starters, more fire wood or you can leave it empty to make the space seem more open.
- customer care: we are dedicated to provide premium products for you and offer impeccable customer care to you. don’t wait any longer and just enjoy your ideal products today!
This product also has 4 fireplace tools included in the package. Inside the package, you will find a broom, a shovel, a hook, and tongs. The rack is designed in a way that these fireplace tools can be stored on it easily. This saves you space. The durable steel body is powder-coated. This makes it weather-resistant. This firewood rack can be used inside and outside the house.
Selecting the best outdoor firewood storage rack for you may not be straightforward. Many options are out there and making a choice can become confusing. But with this buying guide, choosing should be easier.
1. The Size of the Rack
Of course, this is very important. The size of the rack determines whether there is enough space in your outdoor area for it. The size of the rack also determines its firewood capacity. To determine the size of the rack suitable for you, measure the average size of your firewood. With the average firewood size, you can estimate how many firewoods the rack will contain. This estimation will help in your selection.
2. Elevation above Ground
To avoid infestation and dampening, your firewood must beraised above the ground. You should pay attention to the base of the rack and ensure that it is at least 5 inches above the ground. It can be higher depending on your environment.
3. Ease of Installation
Many times, the firewood rack does not come assembled. You may have to do the assembling yourself. Installation may or may not be fun for you. If the installation is complicated, it certainly will not be fun. Opting for a storage rack that can easily be put together is advisable.
4. Fireplace Tools
Certain firewood storage racks have other tools in their package. Such tools include fireplace broom and shovel. These tools will be very useful for you in managing your fireplace. It is not bad if you get a fireplace rack set that contains.
Frequently Asked Questions
It is very important to raise your firewood rack above the ground. Doing this keeps your firewood from touching the ground and getting damp.
There is a high chance that your firewood will attract termites. To avoid an infestation, keep your firewood at least 25 ft. away from your house. Also, raise your firewood storage rack at least 5 inches above ground level. Place your rack in a space where it can get enough sunlight. Termites hate heat and sunlight.
One home remedy that is active against termite is a combination of vinegar and lemon. You may also use lime in place of lemon. Mix 5 parts of vinegar with 2 parts of lemon. Spray this mixture on termites and termites’ mounds.
Termites will do no good for your firewood. They will consume your wood until nothing is left. If they get inside your house, they will destroy your furniture too.
Yes, you can. There is no harm in burning firewood infested with termites. But, if the termite has consumed most of the firewood, it will not burn for long. This happens because there will be little wood left to burn.
A firewood storage stack is not your only option. You can store your firewood on asphalt, tarp or concrete. If the firewood is dry, you can store it in a dry place.
You should not store your firewood in a damp place. Conditions of high humidity will cause fungus to grow on your firewood. These fungi will damage your firewood with time.
- Best Patio Brick Pavers Mold: Reviews & Buying Guide - May 27, 2020
- Best Outdoor Firewood Storage Racks: Reviews & Buying Guide - May 27, 2020
- Best Outdoor Stone Fire Pits: Reviews & Buying Guide - May 27, 2020