A patio is an attractive additional outdoor living space to your home. Whether you want to enjoy a breath of fresh air or just view the surrounding scenery, you only need to step outside and have it all.
With a motorized retractable awning, your patio becomes more effective and exciting. You get protection from dangerous UV rays and other harsh elements.
Awnings control the amount of heat and sunlight in your patio. You can mount one either on the roof, wall or soffit.
Listed below is a list of 5 best motorized retractable patio awnings that you can get in the market today.
5 Best-Selling Motorized Retractable Patio Awnings
Table of Contents
- 1. ADVANING ’12 X 10’ Motorized Patio Awnings
- 2. ALEKO Motorized Retractable Patio Awning
- 3. Awntech Motor Retractable Awning with Hood
- 4. Sunsetter Motorized Retractable Awning
- 5. ALEKO Motorized Half Cassette Retractable Awning
- Buyers Guide
- Frequently Asked Questions
Reviews of 5 Top Rated Motorized Retractable Patio Awnings
- premium quality, 100% solution-dyed european acrylic
- garden green stripes
- luxury series
- power source type: battery
We begin the list with this high-quality retractable awning from Advaning. It is corrosion-free and comes fully pre-assembled. It is also built with durable stainless steel hardware and, therefore, strong and safe. With the awning, you will most likely enjoy peaceful and quiet moments when relaxing on your patio.
- Made with a mold/mildew proof fabric
- Comes with a 3-loop system that makes it easy to pitch
- Comes with corrosion-resistant stainless steel screws (316 Grade)
- optimize your outdoor area for maximum relaxation and enjoyment with aleko motorized retractable awnings!!
- aleko specializes in retractable awnings for patio, deck or balcony areas for your home or business
- the easy-to-use, motorized retractable canopies open and close easily in less than a minute and also include a hand crank for manual operation.
- we offer deck awnings and canopies for any occasion, with a multitude of color, size and configuration options.
- retractable motorized awning frame dimensions: 11.5 x 10 feet; fabric dimensions: 11 x 9.5 feet; color: gray
This motorized awning from Aleko is not only easy to use but also light enough to install. It opens and closes with ease and also comes with a hand crank for manual installation. The awning is quite sturdy and will most likely optimize your patio for maximum enjoyment and relaxation.
- powder-coated metal parts for rust-free usage
- Made with water-resistant fabrics that come treated with UV protectant
- Built using a combination of steel and aluminum parts
- motorized (manual override) with remote operation
- includes: remote, wall brackets , cranking wand and user manual
- motor specifications: 120v 60hz 1.92a with 3 prong 12 ft long power cord (motor side dictated by facing the unit)
- 100% solution dyed acrylic outdoor fabric; fade, water, soil and mildew resistant with removable valance uv 80+ sun protection
- 5 year limited warranty on frame and fabric (1 year manufacturing defect warranty on lateral arms and motors)
Made with 100% solution dyed acrylic fabric, this awning by Awntech is both durable and beautiful. It has commercial-grade lateral arms and also comes with a protective hood. It is well designed and built and will protect your skin from the harmful UV rays and also provide a long-lasting shade for a long time.
- Designed both for roof and wall mount applications
- Has a heavy-duty professional-grade frame that is powder-coated in white
- Comes with commercial grade lateral arms
- offer includes a wireless wind sensor and awning cover!
- makes your deck or patio as much as 20% cooler
- available in widths from 10 to 18 ft.
- guards your family and guests from harmful uv rays
- 90 day home trial
Fourth on the list is this awning from Sunsetter. It comes with a wireless wind sensor and will make your patio 20% cooler. It is available in Island brown color and will most likely turn your patio into a personal retreat space during summer.
- Blocks 99% of UV rays and has a lovely woven texture
- Can be installed on brick, wood, aluminum or stucco
- Extends out to 10 foot and 2 inches from the house
- stylish awning with a pleasing stripe pattern. pitch degree- 1'
- great when placed over a door to create an inviting and intimate shaded area in your backyard or on your deck
- durable powder-coated finish is rust, corrosion, and chip resistant
Here comes yet another motorized awning from Aleko. It is remote operated and comes with a hand crank for manual operation as well. The awning is perfect for rain protection, adding shade, and making your home look more beautiful.
- Has a semi cassette frame for extra coverage in the front
- Comes with a wall-mounted port for your remote control storage
- For motor use, it requires 120v AC connection
The following are the thing you need to put into consideration before you purchase a motorized retractable awning for your patio.
The material of the awning matters a lot. If you have a large patio and going after a large awning, consider one made with polyester as it prevents sagging. Canvas holds color longer and will, as a result, make your awning remain vibrant even after years of use.
If looking for a motorized awning that will last for a long time while providing the best performance at the same time, consider one made from acrylic fabrics.
What is the size of your patio? Only when sure of the size of your outdoor space will you get the best-motorized awning. Awnings vary in size, and you don’t want to get one that is either too big or too small for your space.
A properly sized awning is also easy to install.
3. Availability of Replacements
A motorized patio awning will require repairs from time to time. You, therefore, need to ask yourself whether you’ll get replacements when you need them.
Take, for instance, where a remote control gets damaged, can you get another one in the market as a replacement? What of the wind sensors? Can you get another one with ease if it gets damaged?
Check whether there are replacements available in the market for the awning in question before you pay for it.
4. Maintenance Requirements
Motorized retractable awnings indeed have a lot of benefits. The problem, however, is that they are prone to lots of technical issues, and you’ll need to have them repaired at some point. If possible, go for the awning with the least maintenance requirements.
Avoid getting a patio awning without a warranty as much as possible. With a warranty, you are assured of getting your money back should the product arrive or get damaged a few days or months down the line.
Frequently Asked Questions
Motorized retractable awnings are convenient and easy to operate. A motorized awning will improve the comfort of your patio, protect your outdoor furniture, and make your outdoor space look outstanding.
If your awning is roof-mounted, you should consider getting one. You can also get one if your wall-mounted awning doesn’t have protection. The hood helps to maintain the color of the fabric, keeps it clean, and also protects the motor from damage by water.
Different awnings come with different price tags. All you need to know is that at $ 1,000, you can get yourself one. You, however, need to understand that those that come with remote controls will cost you more. If you choose to add a motion sensor, the price will continue to hike up.
Invest in a one if looking forward to getting more use out of your patio, providing your home with more shade, and increasing your home’s value.