Unclogging gutters is never an interesting task. If you have ever unclogged a gutter, you have probably wished that you had done something beforehand to avoid the situation. Well, here is the solution: gutter guards. Not just any gutter guard, but micro-mesh gutter guards which keeps out leaves and a host of debris and pests.
5 Best-Selling Micro Mesh Gutter Guard for Leaves
Table of Contents
- 1. Raptor Contractor Grade Stainless Steel Micro Mesh Gutter Guard
- 2. Ultra Flo Kwik Fit Micro Mesh Leaf Gutter Guard
- 3. Amerimax Lock in Gutter Guard
- 4. Home Intuition Plastic Gutter Mesh Guard
- 5. Steelco Galvanized 6 Mesh Gutter Guard
- Buying Guide
- Frequently Asked Questiions
Reviews of 5 Top Rated Micro Mesh Gutter Guard for Leaves
- sample pack comes with a sample of both the standard and the super sizes.
- sample pieces are around 10" long (not a full section)
- great way to try before you buy
If you are looking for an easy-to-install gutter guard that fits on all standard gutters, you can consider this highly rated micro mesh option. It is made of heavy duty stainless steel that is not prone to rust or warping. This micro mesh water guard comes in sizes that can be used on gutters of up to 7 inches.
- Multi-patented micro mesh that filters out the finest of debris
- Stainless steel micro mesh that withstands tough climatic changes
- Flexible, adaptable and easy to install on most roof types
- no more clogged or overflowing gutters. choose the hole spacing that's right for you. engineered to reduce or eliminate ugly "tiger stripe" stains.
- ultra flo kwik fit panels snap locks directly into the gutter, not under the roof shingles. will not void any roof warranties.
- virtually invisible from the ground. available in powder coated black for 5” and 6” k-style gutters.
- measure from the back of the gutter to the front for correct size needed (see image). installation instructions included. backed by a 10-year warranty.
- specifically made for 6" half-round gutters. micromesh 1/16" hole spacing. diy installation with no fasteners required.
Available in mesh and micromesh options, this highly rated gutter guard allows you to choose the size of the holes you want. This virtually invisible cover is easily installed by snapping its locks directly onto the gutter as opposed to roof shingles. This gutter guard does not void your roof warranty.
- It is made with 22 gauge powder-coated galvanized steel for weather resistance
- Quick install – snap onto gutter, no need for fasteners
- Can cover K-style gutters that are up to 6 inches wide
- compatible with 4", 5", and 6" metal (steel or aluminum) k-style gutters
- the tight expanded metal mesh pattern keeps out most debris, to keep your gutters flowing freely.
- constructed of durable powder-coated steel for long life and protection from the elements, and neutral color blends seamlessly with roofline
- easy "lock-in" installation, simply slide under the first row of shingles and lock the gutter guard to the front lip of the gutter
- includes 10-year limited
This highly rated gutter guard is compatible with K-style gutters of up to 6 inches. The mesh pattern keeps out debris from the gutter and ensures free water flow. It is easily installed by sliding the mesh under the first shingles row and locking it to the gutter’s front lip.
- Stainless steel, powder coated aluminum mesh that withstands rough weather
- Pre-notched design that overlaps to eliminate gaps between the guards
- Easy to install and blends seamlessly with your roofline
- 2 pack of 6" by 20' plastic mesh gutter guards
- keeps leaves and dirt out of gutters
- can easily be cut to size with regular scissors
- plastic design safeguards against rust
- keeps gutters clean and last for years
If you are looking for a gutter cover that will not rust, this highly rated mesh guard is worth a try. It comes in a pack of two, each of which is 6 inches by 20 feet. It is easy to cut to size using a standard pair of scissors.
- Strong, durable and doesn’t rust
- Easy to cut to size
- Easy to install – simply secure the mesh to the gutter with zip ties
- manufactured in the usa - designed and manufactured in the state of kentucky.
- high performance in heavy rains - gutters remain fully open for max efficiency
- rigid construction - won't sag like other screens
- durable materials - built to last
- fit on existing gutters - standard and custom widths
This 5-star rated gutter guard features rigid construction that keeps it from sagging. This guard is made of galvanized wire mesh which makes it strong and rigid. It is easy to install and handle; it has smooth edges.
- Made of weather proof galvanized steel
- Easily fits with standard sized aluminum gutters
- Galvalume retainers and anchor clips for easy and secure installation
Micromesh gutter guards are known to be effective against leaves, debris and pests. You can find the right type of micromesh gutter guard for your needs from the various designs and sizes available in the market today. Here are a few tips to help you pick the best.
1. The Size and Design of Your Gutter
The size and style of your gutter will determine the type of gutter guard you get. While most guards are made to suit standard gutters, there are some that are recommended for specific gutter styles.
Go through the product description section of the gutter guard before making a purchase. This will show you the size as well as the recommended gutter style.
This section also gives tips on how to install the gutter guard. There are guards that will need tools and supplies such as zip ties and screws to secure them in place. Other guards only need you to snap them onto the gutter.
Check the width of the gutter guard against the width of the gutter. Give appropriate installation allowances where needed depending on the recommended installation method. This is especially important for mesh guards with unfinished edges.
2. Durability of the Gutter Guard
You don’t want to replace the gutter guard every few days, neither do you want to install something that will invalidate your roofing cover. As such, it is important to look at the quality of the material of which the gutter guard is made.
It is common to see plastic and galvanized steel as the main materials that make gutter guards. They are lightweight, strong, rust resistant, and weather proof. Choose a gutter guard that will last long.
3. Ease of Installation
Most gutter guards are easy to install – you can snap them in place or slide and snap. Others will require zip ties or screws while others will need special fasteners. It is important that the guard covers the gutter well when installed so as to keep off all debris and avoid clogging.
The installation process must be able to secure the gutter guard firmly in place. While some can be secured on the gutters and others on the shingles, it is imperative that they are well secured so that they do not get damaged in rough weather and strong winds.
4. Ease of Customization
Majority of the micromesh gutter guards are made for standard gutters. If your gutters are not of standard size or style, you may need to work with a seller who can customize the guards for you.
Frequently Asked Questiions
This will depend on the micromesh gutter guards that you are looking at, the installation process as well as the durability. Choose a gutter guard that does not reduce the efficiency at which water is drained. You can always contact the seller for advice.
A pair of tin snips works efficiently in resizing stainless steel or aluminum mesh. You can also use siding shears to cut the mesh to size.
Micromesh hole spacing is 1/16 if an inch while that of small-hole panels is 1/8 of an inch. The micromesh prevents most roof particles from getting into the gutter.
Most gutter guard designs are D.I Y. If you’d rather not do it, or have a complicated design with which you need assistance, you can always seek assistance. For starters, reach out to those people offering services such as cleaning gutters. They will clean up the existing debris, power wash the gutter and install the mesh guards.