Are you looking forward to making your patio a comfort zone even during the night? Do you want it to glow? If so, you need to get yourself the best exterior string lights available.
String lights will transform your ordinary patio into something more extraordinary and make your summer evenings much brighter.
These lights create a calming ambiance and also enable you to stay outdoors overnight if you so want. In this guide, we’ve listed 5 of the best exterior string lights you can find today. Check it out!
5 Best-Selling Exterior String Lights for Your Patio
Table of Contents
- 1. Lemontech Commercial Grade Outdoor String Lights
- 2. 2-Pack Dimmable Outdoor String Lights for Patio
- 3. Amico 49 ft. Outdoor String Lights
- 4. Addlon LED Outdoor String Lights
- 5. LED Outdoor String Lights
- Buyers Guide
- Frequently Asked Questions
Reviews of 5 Top Rated Exterior String Lights for Your Patio
- give your surrounding a whole new look- whether it is cafe lightening or holiday lightening our heavy duty outside lights with black casing is the perfect accessory you`ve been missing! this string light features 15 clear 11-watt incandescent light bulb on a 48-foot long industrial strand.
- ruggedly built to last- our string lights are constructed with durable waterproof materials that won`t wear or tear as you use it continuously all year round.
- easy to install- this string light features 3ft of spacing between each bulb. just connect up to 2 strands end to end, then custom arranges your lights from the tree or in a chandelier-style cluster.
- multi use with different lightening modes- turn your porches, pergolas, patios, gazebos, wedding reception, nighttime celebrations, romantic dinner for two into a whole new world.
- etl listed-compliance to north american safety standards. risk-free purchase- we have absolute faith in this string lights! some of us even use it ourselves. these lights come with a full 3-year. if anything goes wrong, kindly contact us for a replacement or full refund, no questions asked!
We start the list with these string lights from Lemontech that come ruggedly built to last. The lights are easy to install and feature 3ft of spacing between each bulb. They will not only make your patio bright during the night but also give it a clean look.
- The set comes with 15 clear 11-watt incandescent light bulbs
- Have different lighting modes
- ETL listed and thus safe to use
- 💗 transform your gazebo or porch into a retreat immediately – please note: this is incandescent vintage string lights not led version, it is ideal for all outdoor applications, best decoration for an outdoor party, anniversaries, weddings, holiday celebrations, create a great warm amber glow (which led version can’t achieve)on your patio, garden, pergola, café, deck, market, the best choice for professional planners to pick
- 💗strongest waterproof & commercial quality plug in balcony lights – our strength casing and durable cord are built with weatherproof technology, illumines your landscape while layers of insulation protected the strand from extreme hot/cold temperatures and rainy, windy, or damp climates, confidently leave this light string on display through summers and winters
- 💗 advanced dimming project with retro edison filaments bubls – 2 packs 48ft (96ft in total) dimmable pergola canopy lights compatible with most dimmers 【not included】 by improved technics, with end-to-end connections, feel free to customize any of your arrangements, just enjoy a warm glow reminiscent of old world bistros
- 💗operate without stress - use cup hooks, guide wires, or zip ties with the built-in loops to hang the outdoor lights perfectly. each 48 foot strand contains 15 hanging 11 watt s14 bulbs spaced 3 feet apart, connect up to 5 strings to enlighten any event and create a festive flair. enjoy years of illumination at any venue indoors or outdoors with just a few minutes of installation
- 🌟if our outside string lights don't light up, please screw all the bulbs really tightly until you can turn no more🌟 for any reason you are not satisfied, money back or new replacement is available within 12 months !!
These string lights from Mambert are built with waterproof technology and are also quite durable. The pack is ideal for all outdoor applications and too easy to install and use. The lights will not only transform your patio into a retreat but also always create a warm glow on it.
- Have a sturdy casing and a durable cord
- Perfectly insulated to protect the strand from harsh temperatures
- Each 48ft strand comes with 15 hangings S14 bulbs
UL certified, these string lights from Amico are not only safe but also durable. They come with a high-quality and waterproof strand that you can use on various occasions. The lights will most likely steer your patio into the direction of charm, beauty, and elegance.
- Each bulb holder has a connectable hanging socket
- Come with a dimmer switch for extra lighting flexibility
- IP65 rated waterproof strand
- perfect shatterproof led bulbs：each strand contains e26 based hanging sockets, provided with shatterproof led bulbs. the distance between bulbs is approximately 3.11ft. ideal outdoor lighting with italian bistro style.
- weatherproof and heavy-duty: this market lights are designed to withstand the wear and tear of year-round outdoor use. they are ul listed weatherproof commercial. the insulation material can protect the strand from hot winter, sun, wind, rain, snow and damp. the heavy duty light cord is rubbery, flexible, and thicker than a traditional cord so that you can confidently leave these ultra-durable string lights on display year round.
- dimmer compatible to set the right mood: for greater mood lighting flexibility and a soft glow, a dimmer switch(not include) to create the perfect atmosphere for a birthday party, family reunion , or wedding reception. it adds flair to bistro deck porch patio garden backyard terrace pergola café restaurant malls for wedding bbq party banquets, also suitable for tree-lighting like christmas tree.
- vintage pergola canopy lights smart installation: yard / outside lighting can connect with another simply use grounded cord plugs into any standard outlets. link up to 30 strands.
- satisfaction guaranteed: if you have unsatisfactorily with your purchase for any reason, please contact us. customer satisfaction is our highest pursuit.
If looking for outdoor string lights with durable bulbs, these lights from addlon might be your best bet. The set comes with 15 plastic bulbs that are shatterproof hence long-lasting. The lights will add flair to your patio and give you a chance to enjoy the silent night outdoors.
- Each strand comes with E26 based hanging sockets
- Can link with up to 30 strands
- The set comes with LED bulbs
- ✅【large&high efficient solar panel】the solar string light which has built-in tempered glass for solar panel to ensure excellent charging performance in low-light. monocrystalline silicon high power conversion, it's more durable and suitable for long-term use.
- ✅【auto turn on/off】outdoor solar string lights has built-in light sensor which control the light automatically to turns on at night and off at dawn. the solar panel illuminates for up to 8-12 hours with full charge.
- ✅【remote control/4 lighting modes】its worth mentioning that, unlike other solar string lights, our outdoor solar light strings provide remote control, you can adjust the brightness or 4 modes (steady on light, flash rapidly, spulsating flash, flash slowly) without going outdoor.
- ✅【perfect shatterproof and waterproof】48ft solar outdoor string lights are made of strong and flexible rubber strands with shatterproof led bulbs that are sturdier than traditional glass bulbs. more importantly, these are waterproof and the rubberized, through winter snow and summer storms, they still going like clock work.
- ✅【unlimited months warranty】we offer lifetime quality guarantee for solar led string lights. buy with confidence! if you have any questions, please email us via amazon, we will supply you with a satisfactory solution.
Last on the list are these LED string lights by LECLSTAR that not only have a long life span but also help you to save up to 5.5 electricity than the traditional ones. The lights are waterproof and meet all the safety standards for secure usage.
- Come with 16 pieces LED bulbs
- The connector comes with a protective cover for more prolonged operation
- Can connect multiple string lights and hence cover more surfaces
The following are some of the things you need to consider before purchasing exterior string lights for your patio.
1. Power type
Either mains, solar, or battery power string lights. What power source do you use at your home? The power you use will dictate the string lights you need to go for. Since you have to plug an electrical outlet when using mains, invest in an outdoor extension cord or outlet.
Battery-powered string lights usually come with a case for the batteries at the end of the string. The case can be placed anywhere since you don’t have to plug them in. What you need to ensure is that the battery case is waterproof to withstand torrential downpours.
Solar strings lights are the best when it comes to saving energy. They are quick and easy to set up, and most switch on and off automatically.
2. Bulb type
Do you want LED bulbs for a bright and vintage look or the incandescent ones for a warm glow? What shape do you want your patio string lights to have? Ask yourselves these questions before you select a set of outdoor string lights.
If looking for long-lasting bulbs, go for those made from plastic.
3. Lighting effects
Different string lights come with different lighting effects. Some provide a steady glow; others have flashing effects while some are dimmer. If looking for twinkling outdoor string lights, you’ll still get them in the market today.
Some patio string lights come with a remote control enabling you to control various lighting effects.
4. Weather resistance
Exterior string lights will always get exposed to harsh climatic conditions from the time you hang them up. You have to ensure that the lights you get are weather resistant and can, as a result, withstand all harsh temperatures, wind, and rain as well.
Be sure to get long-lasting string lights to avoid inconveniences. You also don’t want to spend your money on lights that get damaged a few days or months down the line.
Frequently Asked Questions
Traditional lights are more budget-friendly. These lights also produce a very warm and soft glow. Their only downside is that they tend to get hot fast. LED lights, on the other hand, are energy efficient, work more efficiently, and emit very bright light. LED lights also last a lot longer.
Although experts argue that you can leave the lights on without having to worry about anything, avoid it at all costs. First, leaving the lights on can cause a fire. You also don’t want to waste energy all night long, yet no one is using the lights.
Ensure that you have hooks, zip ties, carabiners, extension kits, and a guy wire kit.
Start by assembling your poles if applicable. If you have to use guy wire, hang it first. With the male plug close to the tip of the outlet, attach the first string light.
Use hooks or zip ties between each bulb. If hanging multiple string lights, complete the first one, and then connect the second to the female end of the first string. Continue in the same way until you connect all the strings.
The best quality pro LED lights will hold on up to a period of 6 to 7 years if used on a seasonal basis. If you leave them on all year round, they can only last for at most,30 months.
Solar-powered string lights depend solely on energy from the sun. You, therefore, need to minimize usage as much as possible, especially on days that there isn’t much sunlight. By turning the lights off, the battery gets a full charge.
For those days when you feel like spending more time outdoors during the night, exterior string lights will always make it possible. The string lights discussed above can help transform your patio in a minute. Select the best exterior string lights for your patio and brighten it up.
- How to Shrink Wrap Patio Furniture - August 28, 2020
- Best Outdoor Solar Powered Motion Sensor Flood Lights Reviews & Buying Guide - May 27, 2020
- Best Garden Solar Lights for Flower Beds : Reviews & Buying Guide - May 27, 2020