Competing outdoors with the best croquet sets is a good way for families and friends to bond. Whether you are playing with professional croquet sets or wood croquet sets, your aim is to have as much fun as you can. You will likely not have so much fun playing with anything other than the best croquet sets. We do not like to see you playing croquet and not enjoying it. So, we conjured a list of some of the best croquet sets out there.
5 Best-Selling Croquet Sets
Table of Contents
- 1. GoSports Six Player Croquet Set
- 2. Hey! Play! Croquet Set Wooden Outdoor Deluxe Sports Set with Carrying Case
- 3. Ropoda Six-Player Croquet Set with Wooden Mallets
- 4. Harvil 6-Player Croquet Set for All Ages
- 5. M Mingle 35 inch Deluxe Croquet Set for Adults, Kids, and Families
- Buying Guide
- Frequently Asked Questions
Reviews of 5 Top Rated Croquet Sets
- complete croquet set: includes 6 color mallets, 6 balls, 9 wickets, 2 end posts and rules
- deluxe: full size 35 inch handles can be used by players of all sizes; handles are wrapped with comfort grip for superior control and convenience; the croquet balls weigh 10 ounce each with a diameter of 3 inches
- premium construction: mallets are crafted from premium hardwoods for durability and feature a modern design that will look great on any lawn or backyard
- carrying case: includes handy storage bag so you can neatly store the set and take it out to the park or parties
In this set, you will find 6 mallets labeled with different colors, 2 pegs, 9 wickets, 6 balls, and the playing rules. The mallets you will find in this pack are not the usual type, they are above standard. These handless of these mallets have a length of 35 inches and this is greater than the standard that is 28 inches. When is it suitable to bring this croquet set out to play? You can use this at parties, hangouts, reunions, picnics, cookouts, and other similar events. One more thing, the kids are not left out; the set is suitable for both adults and children.
- It has a carrying bag.
- It contains 6 mallets. Hence, the set can be played by up to 6 players.
- Croquet balls weigh 10 ounces.
- easy to play- simply set up the wire hoops in the ground, assign colors to players, and play! this outdoor sport can be set up on almost any flat lawn, is easy to learn, and can be played at your own pace- making it ideal for adults and kids!
- convenient transport- all pieces can be placed into the provided travel bag for storage or transportation. the nylon travel bag also features a zippered closure and two handles with a hoop-and-pile closure for extra carrying comfort.
- durable build- this set is made of durable wood, painted and finished with precision for the feel of the vintage game, with the durability of current gear. the material is strong enough for frequent use, but lightweight for comfortable grip and balance.
- product details- includes: 6 wooden mallets, 26” long with 1.85” diameter heads. 6 wooden balls of 3” diameter. 2 solid wood posts 18” long. 9 vinyl-coated metal u-shaped wire wickets 8” long and 6.25” wide.
The Hey! Play! Croquet Set Wooden Outdoor Deluxe Sports also has 6 colored balls and mallets. You will also find 2 wood stakes and 9 wire wickets. Every material you will find in this croquet set is made to last. The mallets are also lightweight and easy for both children and adults to use. The carrying case aids mobility by easing the movement of every piece in the set at once. Be it at picnics, BBQs, reunions or other similar outdoor activities, you can have fun playing with this croquet set.
- The handles of the mallets are 26 inches long.
- Six players can play at once.
- It has a carrying bag.
- 【easy & funny for everyone】 - ropoda croquet set for families/adults/kids is quite easy to learn and funny, also a great croquet set for lawn and backyard games. it can be played with 2 to 6 players and provide hours of funny.
- 【complete croquet set】 - ropoda crocket game set includes 6 handles, 6 mallets with protection cover, 6 balls, 2 ending stakes, 9 steel wickets and a carry bag. here are all items you need to play the croquet game.
- 【unbeatable quality & easy set-up】 - handles and mallets are made of premium hardwood and easy to install. croquet balls are made from resin that’s crack and damage resistant so it can keep looking new for long-term.
- 【take it anywhere】 - ropoda croquet set includes a durable carrying bag for easy storage and transport. it is a perfect yard/outdoor games for families, kids and adults.
- 【ropoda help】 - customer satisfaction is our first priority. if you have any question, please feel free to contact us. we are very willing to help you.
This product is another six-player croquet set. Like the first 2 products, it contains 6 wooden mallets, 6 colored balls, 2 wooden stakes, and 9 wire wickets. With this croquet set, you cannot be short of fun things to do outdoors. No one is left out because it is suitable for all ages. If you do not know the rules of the game, bother not. You will find a manual explaining the rules as part of the package.
- The pieces are easy to install.
- It has a carrying bag so you can take it anywhere.
- The balls are highly resistant to damage.
- hardwood mallets - 6 colorful, two-piece strong hardwood mallets. the mallet heads are made of chip resistant bamboo for durability. the handle is 30 inches, longer than average handles.
- durable and recreational - it comes with 6 polymer balls in blue, green, red, purple, orange, and yellow. resilient balls protect mallets from chipping. the ideal ball weight ensures smooth rolling.
- complete set and easy set up – this croquet set has everything you need for an exciting game. it comes with two 24-inch stake posts and 9 heavy-duty steel wickets, vinyl coated to prevent rusting.
- portable and easy storage – the nylon zip-up carrying bag has mesh bags and elastic straps for clean and organized storage. just pack all the components in the bag and go outdoors for play!
- dazadi warranty - within warranty period, we’ll ship replacement parts or new set at no cost in the event of defect or damage. if you still aren't satisfied, you'll get a full refund.
The pieces of this croquet set from Harvil is available in 3 color schemes: light wood, dark grey, and light grey. It has a carrying bag and in the bag, you will find 6 colored hardwood mallets and 9 wickets. With 6 mallets, you can play with up to 5 other people. You will also find 9 wickets, 2 stakes, and 6 colored polymer balls.
- It has 30-inch hardwood mallets.
- The balls are elastic polymer balls.
- The wickets are durable and rust-resistant.
- ★ package list: croquet game set includes 6 multi-colored 35’’ mallets, 6 colored 3’’ balls, 9 wickets, 2 scoring posts, 1 official rule and 1 carrying case. it comes with all you need to play this game with friends and family on the lawn or back yard.
- ★deluxe mallets: the full length of mallets is 35 inch. the handles are wrapped with comfort grip. it is easy and comfortable to control mallets for players of all sizes.
- ★high quality: the well-crafted mallets are made of high quality hardwood for durability. the croquet balls is made of poly-resin and weigh 10 oz each.
- ★easy storage. carrying case is ideal for transportation and storage. it is easy to take them to picnic, party or park.
- ★amz tool is professional on pressure washer accessory and always stand behind our products, please free to contact us if any questions.
Here we have a croquet set with mallets having 35-inch long handles. The handles also have a soft comfort grip at the end so swinging made easy. Inside this set, six 3-inch colored balls, nine wickets, two stakes, a carrying case, and the rules. This set is suitable for all ages and can be played outdoors at any time and at any informal social gathering.
- Easy-to-handle carrying bag.
- The mallets have a comfortable grip.
- The mallets are durable and are of high-quality hardwood.
If you are out there to get your own croquet set, there are certain things you need to consider. There are many options for you to choose from and things can get confusing. But with this guide, the chances of you falling into confusion are reduced.
1. Age Range of Players
Croquet is not for just adults, children can play too. If children will be playing the game with you, you should consider them while making your choice. Children will do well with lighter balls and lightweight mallets with short handles. Children can easily handle pieces that are not as big or as heavy as equipment from professional croquet sets. So, you should tend towards these types of pieces when selecting your choice.
2. The material of the Croquet Set
You should also consider the materials used in making the croquet sets. Most of the croquet sets available are wood croquet sets. The stakes and the mallets are made of high-quality hardwood. This type of material will not chip easily on impact, they are durable, lightweight, and will last longer.
Not all pieces in wood croquet sets are wooden. Sometimes, the wickets and the balls are not made of wood. The wickets can be made of plastic or metal. Generally, metal wickets are more durable than plastic wickets. Also, with coating, the metal wickets become even more durable by being resistant to rust.
While the balls could be wooden, they can also be plastic or composite. You should take note of the size and the weight of the balls included in the croquet set you choose.
3. Number of Players
Some croquet sets contain 4 mallets thus they can only be played by a maximum of 4 players. Some croquet sets have as much as 6 mallets, supporting a maximum of 6 players. You would not want anyone to feel left out of the game. So, you should consider the number of people that would play the game most times. It is best to go for the croquet sets that can accommodate as many players as possible. However, if a set with lower maximum suits you, then go for it.
4. Ease of Storage
Ease of storage and transportation is another important factor to consider while buying your croquet set. If your croquet set comes with a carrying bag, transporting it would be easy. If you opt for croquet sets with stand, storage is easier. You place the mallets, the balls, the wickets, and the stakes on the stand where they can easily be retrieved when needed.
Frequently Asked Questions
In a basic croquet set, you will find wickets, a peg, mallets, and balls. The number of mallets and balls depends on the number of players the set is made for.
The cost of a croquet set varies greatly. However, you can get croquet sets for as low as 35 dollars and as high as 500 dollars. Some 4-set croquet sets for kids even cost 20 dollars while miniature croquet sets would usually cost around 10 dollars.
In professional croquet sets, the ball should weigh 16 ounces and have a diameter of 3.625 inches (+/- 0.03125 inches). However, these properties may vary in non-professional croquet sets.
The goal is to get balls through the hoops by hitting them with your mallet. Your ball is expected to go through the wickets in the correct order before hitting the finishing stake. You are expected to achieve this ahead of your opponents.
While playing croquet, you get a poison when your ball scores all wickets but is yet to hit the finishing stake. With a poison ball, you can knock any of the opponents’ balls out of the game. However, any of the opponents’ ball can knock your poison ball out of the game too.
To get a poison, simply score all nine wickets without hitting the finishing stake.
- Best Croquet Sets: Reviews & Buying Guide - March 31, 2020
- Best Waterproof Extra Wide Outdoor Blackout Curtains for Patio - March 29, 2020